Black dawn or Black rain ordnance rifles.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by rgbaker77, May 11, 2012.

1. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

I am looking for feedback from people who own or have shot either the black dawn or black rain ar15s. I want to offer a good american made ar to customers and these I don't know too much about. Thanks for any help.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

sorry never heard of either but there are lots of people making or re-selling ar15 receivers nowadays.

3. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

If you're serious about providing the highest quality or the most value for your customers $ you'll contact Bravo Company USA.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Black rain has some pretty nice looking stuff but I dont know how the quality is . , never heard of black dawn

5. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

I will contact bravo co. Mike. Thanks. Yeah I like the looks of the black rain but don't want to sell junk for the price of them either.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I've hear of Black Rain Ordinance. They make some very nice looking rifles. They are expensive, although much of their price is bling. Some other forums I've been to like them and say they are good to go, but I honestly feel that for my money, I'd rather have a known player, like Noveske, LaRue, or KAC. Yeah BRO isn't cheap or mid priced. They really do look sweet with all the graphics and such. Prolly playing to a younger more impressionable crowd.

No help on Black Dawn. Sorry.

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Go for Daniel Defence, BCM, and if you want upscale, LaRue, LMT, Knight's Armaments, Noveske.

For mid to lower end go for Spikes, S&W, RRA,

there's alot more out there!

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Black Rain Ordinance rifles. very nice looking and appear to be quality made according to the way they are made. very expensive and way out of the price range i would spend on an AR. but still nice looking. i am liking the hex shaped flash hider, and may have to get one for my AR. the dust cover is cool too! "Let It Rain"

9. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

Axxe55, I myself am really liming the the twisted flute barrels. Very nice. I may have to find a good AR and swap the barrels. But then again, I like some of the custom receivers too. I do think they are designed for a younger crowd.

10. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

IMO as a consumer I see the fluting as more gimmick or fluff than function. Granted some of it looks cool and will definitely get attention but who's attention. I see the biggest hurdle to getting started in this area of firearms sales is deciding who you want to cater to. There are 2 distinct groups, form over function and function over form. Nothing wrong w/ looking good but most will choose one over the other making the other a by-product of chance.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

thats true Mike. never hurts to look good while doing good though! but you're right, some want a good looking rifle and some want a reliable rifle. i would rather have a plain jane well functioning rifle that is 100% reliable every time i pulled the trigger.

did you look at their website? the flash hiders were pretty cool looking. that hex shaped one is one that really caught my attention.

12. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Do they work? I happen to have a soft spot for Battle Comps. They work very well and look cool w/o looking like they would be on an AR that belongs to some dude w/ indoor furniture on his porch. Wouldn't the moisture make a couch start to smell bad? lol.

Their rails are made by Samson which are definitely a quality product.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

Fluting on a barrel or dimples or anything that increases surface area allows a barrel to cool faster than a plain jane.

If its not done right it can cause accuracy issues.

14. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I understand the concept and would like to have a dimpled barrel, KAC style. But in all honesty it would be a cosmetic thing for me.

15. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

Me personally, I want a rifle that is reliable as well as looks good. Reliability being the most important of course. I know Black Rain is quite pricey. I think that’s because they are the only ones who are trying to design them for the younger shooters. At least they are the only ones I know. I don’t mind recommending a couple brands either depending on the customers wants. That’s why I’m looking for feedback. I’d hate to sell a cool looking rifle for $2100+ that is a piece of junk. That being one the reasons I’m looking at US made ones. If there are others you would recommend I’m all ears.

16. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

If I was to spend over $2k on a rifle it would be a KAC SR-15.

17. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

MikeJK, that is a sweet looking rifle.

18. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Not only that but it's ambi from the factory. I look at it as the pinacle of ARs. KAC is to firearms as Bugatti is to vehicles.

19. rgbaker77

rgbaker77 New Member

I a gonna call them on monday to discuss the product line. May be one I push.

20. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

function > form

But it doesn't hurt looking good at the same time.