Bison Armory

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by stimis, Jul 29, 2013.

1. stimis

stimis New Member

Does anyone have experience with their barrels? Are they any good? Cost vs accuracy?

2. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Never heard of them. Probably just another wannabe, who assembles AR's and gets their parts from another Supplier like 75% of the other wannabe's do.
    Honestly, just go to Green Mountain, McGowen, ER Shaw, White Oak, Rock, Hart (and others but don't sell to public), and you can pick out the Barrel you want from a dependable Barrel Supplier.
    Del

3. MountainMan864

MountainMan864 New Member

Palmetto state is the best. FN barrels. All mil spec parts

4. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Didn't realize this. I did find that Wilson makes PSA Stainless Barrels(Wylde chamber) if this is what OP wants over the Parkerized Barrel(5.56).
    I would go this route as PSA has very good Customer relations.
    Del

5. stimis

stimis New Member

I would like to get a bead blasted barrel, but they are hard to find right now. Bison has has some.

6. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Rainier Arms - look no further than them. Top quality and the fastest shipping I've received since the panic began. The ultra match barrel I bought from them is bead blasted.

image-1942547492.jpg

7. stimis

stimis New Member

Rainer nothing in stock

8. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Do you know where Rainier gets their Barrels from TexasGunner?
    Del

9. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Well I know the Ultra Match that I have are profiled to their specifications from Shilen. Shilen barrels are some of the best you can get.

10. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Thanks TG. I got a small chart going as to where some of the AR Barrels come from. It might be a little outdated, but I'm updating as I get the info.