Bison Armory

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, May 11, 2012.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Has anyone dealt with them? I looked at the 6.8 forum and they seemed good by the way people talked in the few posts I searched but nothing specifically on them. Does anyone hear know someone who has or has shot one, and if so, how are they?

2. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

I don't have a 6.8 from Bison Armory, I chose a 6.8 from Noveske. However, I know plenty of people that do. Ben, the owner, is based out of Bellingham, Wa and is a great guy. His rifles have consistently been MOA out of the box. I haven't heard of a negative experience from anybody dealing with him. Like other smaller gun shops, lead time on orders vary depending on the volume of orders and supply stocking. When it comes to the 6.8 SPC ARs, 3 places stand out...Bison Armory, AR Performance, and Noveske. All three have excellent customer service and use the latest SPC II specs.

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Those were the 3 names that I saw on the 6.8 forum but I haven't has a chance to look at Noveske yet. How much are they compared to the Bison?

4. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

I built my own lower on an Aero Precision lower, and bought my upper from Noveske. Comparing the price of uppers between the three all depends on what you want. With similar features, the Noveske upper was about $300 more than ARP or Bison. However, keep in mind that Noveske is more established than AR Performance and Bison Armory, and have a great reputation behind them. A good portion of that is reflected in the cost of their ARs, parts, and accessories.

ARP and Bison have online stores where you can choose the different options and features you want. Once you add them to the "Cart" it'll show you the price so you can compare everything yourself. It's been a couple of years since I bought my upper, so I'm sure prices and features have changed.

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

The Noveske is a little out of my price range haha I think I'm going to end up getting the Bison, I have it set to how I want it and it's still under budget. The one other question I have is the staked carrier, what's the difference whether it is staked or not? I'm gonna be using this rifle to hunt with if that makes a difference or not