Bisly hammer on a black Hawk

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by ace1911, Oct 30, 2009.

1. ace1911

ace1911 New Member

Powers custom makes half cock trigger hammer kits.And on of them is a bisly hamer Vaquro trigger for a new mdl black Hawk.

Try an try but I cant find a pic of what this would look like.I am adding some custom touches to one of my blackHawks.I decided to keep the Ruger grip fraim.And I want the half cock kit. Have any of you used this set up?

2. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

I haven't tried that myself, but a whole bunch of the guys on the SINGLE ACTIONS forum have & could give pointers.

3. ace1911

ace1911 New Member

Thanks.I will look into this.:D

4. crossfire

crossfire New Member

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

You can also order the Bisley setup from Brownells and do it yourself a lot cheaper.

6. ace1911

ace1911 New Member

Thanks great site.I had a nice talk with his shop. The SA on the left is his Bisly model.............. Thanks again..

7. ace1911

ace1911 New Member

Yes thats where I found the info.And the reason I am trying to find a original grip fraimed BlackHawk with the Bisly hamer,to see if its the way I want to go.......
    Thanks for your input..........:D

8. crossfire

crossfire New Member

I concur with Charger Fan. The guys on Lee Martin Custom Sixguns have a lot of knowledge about this. If you talked to Clements, then you probably already know that a Bisley hammer isn't a "drop-in" part on with a standard Ruger grip frame and requires precise metal removal to fit and work properly. The SuperBlackhawk has a hammer spur location between a Blackhawk and Bisley and is a straight swap for the standard hammer.

9. ace1911

ace1911 New Member

Powers Custom makes a drop in kit that fits the blackhawk.It is here
    POWER CUSTOM : RUGER BISLEY HAMMER & VAQUERO TRIGGER - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

10. crossfire

crossfire New Member

11. stalkingbear

Instead of unhooking 1 leg of the spring I bend the spring up while in the gripframe by using a screwdriver from the front or simply bending the legs.

12. ace1911

ace1911 New Member

That would be one option.But what I am looking to get(besides maby some custom looking touches ) is the half cock notch,the cyl,lining up with the gate. Thanks for the Ideas..;)

13. stalkingbear