Birthday present!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sagenodland, Jul 13, 2012.

1. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

July 11 was my 15th birthday and I had $200 dollars and a red dot stored away. So we stopped by our favorite sporting good store Bob's and picked up the long awaited 10/22.
    Its been 4 years since I've wanted one and I got three rifle between then and now but I got it.

Within an hour of getting it I took a brick of federal champion and remington thunderbolts(only one box of those)

I didn't really shoot for accuracy but I think I kept the majority of each box on each target. I was averaging about a 3" groups (25 yards off hand semi-rapid fire)

I have shot about 275 rounds in the last three days in that gun alone with 6 F.T.E's. That's better than my Glenfield/Marlin but there's one issue. Quality.

The 10/22 has a plasticy feeling trigger that can feel squishy at times but otherwise it feels mostly crisp. The reset is MUCH further than my Glenfield/Marlin.
    Another little peeve I have is the plastic barrel band but that will be replaced so no big deal there.

Right now it is a standard carbine so there is no need to post pictures, everyone should know what one looks like.

But I hope to keep the price low on my modifications.

The first thing I am replacing is the trigger itself not the assembly but the trigger to get rid of the flexy plastic.

In time i want it to look like this but with a birch stock and a different scope

ForumRunner_20120713_022107.jpg

The bipod might alao change.

I have a feeling this will be my favorite rifle :D

2. moron88

moron88 New Member

congrats and happy birthday. i was going to get a used bolt with the dough from my b-day (the 10th) but instead, i'm getting a bunch of ammo i usually consider too expensive for plinking and going out to eat for the 3rd time this week:rolleyes:

3. orangello

orangello New Member

4. Creeker

Creeker New Member

5. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

You have no idea how much I've been looking at 10/22 accesories.
    Its kind of hard to decide between a target rifle a tacticool wannabe rifle or a overall practical mostly stock 10/22.

Ive decided between all three so I have some rails I have some accurizing and after that I still have the original stock.
    And I can say its a little different from everybody elses :D

6. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

A personalized rifle that will actually be personalized, a thought well beyond your 15 years congratulations. Don't forget though we need pics as you go. Happy belated birthday:D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Yea those Ruger 25 round mags are great. Dont wast your money on the cheap ones. We have both. The cheap one just stays home.

8. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

My to buy list
    1. Williams Ace in the hole rear sight/ base

2.Tactical barrel band

3. Nylon or paracord sling

4. 2 Bx-1 magazines

5. 2 Bx-25 magazines

And maybe a low magnification optic probably a utg 1-4