Bipod for AR 15?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by rccalzadilla, Sep 26, 2011.

1. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

2. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman New Member

I like the MOE. Next rifle will have that. I have Troy Battle Rail on my Colt now.

What barrel length/rifle do you have?

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

RC

If you wish to maintain precise accuracy, you do not want to mount a Bi-Pod that has any contact with the barrel, like the Bayonet Lug for example. This can seriously effect the Harmonics of the Barrel when the rifle fires reducing accuracy and making shots inconsistent. It is best if you have a Free Float Quad Rail with the Picatinny Rail/s which there is an adapter you can get that attaches directly to the rail which is like a Sling Swivel Stud which a good Bi-Pod like the Harris Bi-Pod of similar type. There is a picture of one on the Rock River Arms website.That is the best way, since the system does not effect the barrel harmonics, groups or shot to shot.

4. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

Sniper03!

Are these the ones you're referring to?

Rock River Arms: Versa-Pod Bipods

I was just looking at these last night, just before I decided to swap my Beretta Bi-Pod from my M&P 15-22, to my AR. Mine's mounted on the lower Picatinny Rail on the Quad-Rail.

Cheers!

BB

5. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

You could always go with one of these.....

Atlas Bipods

6. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Add a picantinny to the hand guard. It's cheap and you will be happy. Then your options ate limitless. From folding pods to ones that 'Swiss-army' out of a vertical grip ( on my to buy list)

7. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

Have 16" barrel.

8. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

Sniper03:

Is a Free Float Quad Rail something I can install myself?

9. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Very easily. No tools. Very simple and a magpul moe is very cheap plus the rail ( extra) you might be looking at 35 bucks tops.

10. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

Just found the Picatinny rail section ( Magpul LE5 11 slots) to attach to my Magpul hand guard: Magpul MOE L5 Rail Section (11 Slots)
    It's made of reinforced composite, not metal, but it's a good brand name.

Now I just have to find a bi pod that attaches to a picatinny rail.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  11. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Again, that should be very easy and there are a ton of options like I said previously. Quick detaches, folding, pivoting and the hideaway hand grip type