Billet Grips....who has/makes some?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by spittinfire, Mar 21, 2011.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I want billet grips for my Kimber. Billet stainless would be ideal but aluminum would work. I want 3, maybe 4 ball milled grooves and some LIGHT texturing. I want to carry it with the handle against my flesh and I'm tired of reading the "smooth" grips that were intended for carry that are textured like"320 grit sandpaper".....do you want that rubbing on your side all day?

If I can't buy them, I will make them but has anyone found anything like what I'm discribing?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

I think I've seen aluminum but not steel. I've got aluminum grips on my ruger mk2 don't really like them that much. I know I've seen em for 1911s. Don't remember where might have been hogue not sure.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I was looking for Titanium grips for my Nighthawk AAC project.

Came across these: 1911 Auto Combat Grips Titanium Grips, Tioneon - Universal Outfitters

*yawn*

I was unable to find anyone that makes "custom" grips interested in touching titanium per my design with a 10 foot pole and the folks that do titanium weren't interested in CNC changes for me without a series cash outlay for a bulk order.

Never researched aluminum so I am afraid I am little help there. Please keep me posted on what you find though. ;)

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Spitty, I'd look at a set of smooth Alumagrips and then you can customize them however you want. Get the standard thickness so you'll have some material to work with...

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I have Alumagrips on two of my 1911s. I really like them. They're smooth and they're thin, which I like.

I've dealt with Chris at Alumagrips a few times and he's a good guy.

[​IMG]

6. spittinfire

I could handle those grips, Lon. Not exactly what I was looking for though. I'll have to give them a call.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Pretty scruffy looking 1911 there Lon. Go ahead and send it to me as I don't mind owning crappy looking guns...:rolleyes:

8. DinkyDauDon

DinkyDauDon New Member

I've got them on all ten of my 1911s plus my Sig P238. You can get them thin, thick, smooth, deep checker, shallow checker, Chris is great to work with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I know, I need to take a better picture.....

10. spittinfire

Those pink one's are you favorite aren't they cane?

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Na, my fav are the pink ones with mag-well cut.