bill_hunter2000

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by bill_hunter2000, Jul 15, 2011.

1. bill_hunter2000

bill_hunter2000 New Member

Live in Texas. Went in to an FFL Pawn Shop today that had not been in before.

The owner of the shop had an automatic in plain site in middle of back.

I asked him about the non concealed weapon as it was a surprise to me.

He stated that he was the law in there and would wear his weapon as he liked.

Have worked with law enforcement and was surprised as was sure under the impression that it was against the law.

Anyone know the answer to that one?

Would appreciate any feedback as it interests me because he should have, to me, a concealed handgun license same as everyone else.

2. Private Property

Rules of carry are different than on the street. Especially in a home or business where the proprietor is the main employee.

3. bullgator

bullgator New Member

Armed store owners / employees - Open Carry/concealed

Most all pawn shops in Texas (not Corps such as Cash America & EZ Pawn) you will likely see open carry and I have seen concealed or slightly concealed carry in gun stores where the primary merchandise is guns & ammo and they wear them just like I carry a pen in my pocket and I sometimes conceal carry such as today was a conceal carry day with my 3.5 compact 1911. ;)

4. bill_hunter2000

bill_hunter2000 New Member

Thanks for the info on the proprietor carrying open in a pawn shop.

Have been to at least six other FFL Pawn Shops here in my home town and no one was openly carrying a handgun.

Guess that clears that question.