Biggest Finest Revolver!!!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by redrover3569, Oct 28, 2010.

1. redrover3569

redrover3569 New Member

The Magnum Research Institute's Biggest Finest Revolver. It comes in several different chamberings with long and short cylinder versions and different barrel lengths. I'm thinking of adding one to my collection in .450 marlin express with a 10 in barrel, scope, the whole 9 yards. I'm wondering what anyone thinks of it. It can be found on the mri website.

2. hillmillenia

hillmillenia New Member

Is that what that stands for?!...Heck I thought it meant big f...ing revolver...either way, it is:D I was looking at the 10-1/2" 45-70 model but just can't justify it...course it'd go well with my 1895 cowboy...well at least they shoot the same round...:rolleyes:

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's a magnificent revolver, it can also be a wrist breaker. I want one in .45-70. ;)

4. hillmillenia

hillmillenia New Member

And on a side note CA357...I love your profile pic...I don't know what it is...I am a fan of horror movies...:eek:

5. freefall

freefall New Member

That's Elvira, Queen of the Dark!! Geesh, don't you remember the old Miller commercials? Oops, probably just revealed my secret identity as Old Poop.:eek:

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

LOL..I remember when she did the B horror movies on Sat. nights. Even before the Miller Ads...:eek:

7. CA357

It's "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark". She's still a fond memory of feminine pulchritude for me. ;)

Google her Hill. You may be impressed. :D

8. hillmillenia

hillmillenia New Member

Oh I remember quite well...The insinuation was...it's hard to look into her eyes...if you follow my drift...:eek:

9. CA357

Oh yes and a fine drift they are. :p

10. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Yeah me too:eek:

Kind of like when someone asks you to hand them a BFH (Big F****n Hammer):p

11. redrover3569

redrover3569 New Member

When I get mine I'm intending to a scope, barrel rib, and the wood grip. There's also the posibility to get the 45-70 cylinder for it. In case some ammo options are offered for one and not the other. I haven't gotten into reloading my own yet.

12. hideit

hideit New Member

yea interesting company the BFR is and i also would like to have one in 45-70

13. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I don't know, but the .45-70 is brutal in my TC Contender.

Jim....

14. CA357

I'm sure it is. It's pretty far down on the wish list, but, maybe someday ....

15. fixxer

fixxer New Member

Or Freight night?

On USA. Fright Night with Elvira? Geese, I'm a strapping young man and I still remember that one. LOL