Biggest Bang for $100 Bucks? - HD VIDEO

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Amsdorf, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the most bang for around $100 bucks you can find anywhere.....I give you the Mosin Nagant 91/30!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx_CDnCSkoc[/ame]

2. billt

billt New Member

I suggest for anyone who doesn't have a few of these yet to grab one or two. The price on these things, along with their ammo is only going to go up in the future. Unless Hussein signs an Executive Order and bans their importation all together. Remember how cheap the SKS's used to be?

3. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

I just got a M44 from AIM Surplus. Learned the hard way when they go up for sale to get it RIGHT AWAY. AIM had around 350 and they sold them all in two days or so.

4. SSCRS

SSCRS New Member

I really should pick one up, but I just have no interest in them at all.

5. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

But for around $100 you get one of the rifles that helped win World War II, that makes a really loud noise, and shoots relatively cheap ammo.

: )

6. Tbigs

Tbigs New Member

What is the easiest way to get one?

7. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

My LGS has a deal running for a Mosin Nagant rifle and 440 rds of ammo for $199 does this sound like a good deal and what do you look for to choose a 'good one'?

8. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Sounds like a great deal. There 150 by me in MI. I have no clue what to look for though.

9. billt

billt New Member

That's a fair price, but not a great one. A 440 round tin of Com-Block ammo goes for around $80.00, and about the same for a rifle. Hex receiver Tula manufactured rifles are a bit more desirable than the round receiver models. And most all should come with accessories. I got these 2 from Classic Arms. Both are hex receiver Tula guns that cost around $80.00 at the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

Nice pics, nice guns. I'm not sure, but I don't believe that the deal includes the accessories or bayonets. I see the accessories in the pictures but what all are they and besides historical value are they of much use? I know I'd want a bayonet but the other items I'm not sure how much they would matter to me.

11. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

You don't need the ammo pouches or cleaning gear, but after the market has dried up it will be hard to get and the gun will sell quicker with it. I remember buying 98 Mausers to make custom rifles with because they were really cheap and practically giving away the accessories we got with them. Now the original 98's with the accessories are worth as much as the custom rifles. That's only been 30-35 years ago.

12. BWilder

BWilder New Member

Why does one of those have orange in the numbers? Ive seen one and was about to pick it up but didnt know why it had it.

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone simply used orange chalk or paint

to highlight the grooves and lettering, for

contrast.