Big deal.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by willshoum, Sep 23, 2012.

1. willshoum

willshoum New Member

So what, A cop shoots an kills a double amputee in a wheel chair...I guess that inkpin he was waving around looked like a butchers knife.....:eek: I love Huff Post.....:rolleyes:

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Link man. Link... :)

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

4. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

The pen is mightier than the sword...but not a gun...:D

too bad about the outcome, though...

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its on fox news too.

The guy was in a whel chair. One arm one leg gone cornered one officer the other officer instead of just pulling the chair backwards or knocking the guy out of the chair shot him. The cornered officer didnt shoot.

The victim was in a group home for troubled people, i work with such folk everyday and have done so since i was 18 with a short five year break for the army my entire life.

That officer who shot should be on homicide charges. Even the most irate out of control person that is in a wheel chair can be easily controlled. This is just no excuse at all.

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Another and another and another. Still think we don't live in a Police State? :mad:

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

No excuse for this.

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Feeling bad.....

I hope you all don't take this as cop bashing, but I could not find where this cop has done any thing good while he was on the force. Other than to say he saved a fellow officer that was being stabbed.....Maybe he was seeing the same in his mind......I read this an was thinking is this a wounded soldier....... If we can't execute an insane person in prison why does this happen.......:confused: :mad::mad::mad:

9. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

Don't alot of LEO's also carry non lethal means as well? A simple zap from tazer or blast of mace would have probably brought the incident to a much happier ending...

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

It says he had to kill a suspect in 09 who was fatally stabbing someone else. He could've easily had a flashback to some horrible, gruesome crime he witnessed.

I think a lot of cops do stupid ****. I think the laws are set up to cause police to do stupid ****. However, don't corner a cop, waving an object and act surprised when bad **** happens.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If the officer was as close as stated in the article, why couldn't he have recognized it was a pen in the man's hand?

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

True. But as was mentioned earlier, this could VERY easily have been deescalated by simply... Pulling the wheelchair backwards.

I've suffered traumatic experiences. I don't shoot people anymore.

Some who have read my life experiences know that I've had a bad run-in with a farmer and a shovel. I have since then had pissed off people wave shovels at me. No one died.

It's called simply thinking. Asses a situation. Not everyone can make a perfect snap decision, I know I can't, and I'm sure the officer honestly thought he chose the best course of action at that moment, and I'm a firm believer in the words "he who hesitates, dies". Situational awareness is key.

The officer who did the shooting, if he simply "looked" and made himself "aware", could very easily have seen this man was a double amputee, wheelchair bound, and his partner had not drawn his weapon (or a non lethal device, assuming by lack of mention in the article). Therefore, NOT a threat to be met with deadly force.

Aye, he needs more than a thee day paid vacation. He needs a new job. I honestly wouldn't be worried about it if he'd beaned the guy on the head with a baton. But shooting? No. SA.

13. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Wits end.....

If this is what we have to look forward too...,,,,,, Arm your selves.....The Drones are next........:mad::mad::mad:

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I was taught as a child that the Man with the Gun and the Badge were #1 our friends and #2, in charge. Dont Argue, fuss or fight with them ever or you will get whats coning to you and likely it could cause you death or at least hard times in your near future.

I still believe this is the case but we are seeing way too many situations where LEO's are Becoming, Judge, Jury and sadly Executioner in this nation. We all know just how dangerous the job is and thats exactly why many choose other careers like The Army or working with High Voltage and dangerous Machinery Like me!

If this guy doesnt turn in his badge and sidearm voluntarily, it should happen anyways without his admission of extremely poor judgement! Can you imaging the conversations in the locker room? What did you do tonight Sam? I took down 5 drug Dealers and a Baby Raper! How bout you Tom, " Oh I shot a One legged man in an ass kicking contest!

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

True. My son asked me why I can't stand LA state troopers though. I explained it to him in gritty detail. The city cops and sheriff's department are fine. They try, often with their hands tied, to help their communities. Solving crimes, helping people, preventing crimes, so on, and so forth, many other things you'll never hear about or see on the news, that I've only become privy to because I work for the city now.

Then I told him I hate the state troopers because I see them benefiting the community that pays them in NO way whatsoever. These here are nothing but a strong arm racketeering outfit. Worse part? They do nothing that the SD can't handle, and the SD can handle it more effectively, respectably, efficiently and professionally. Troop F of the Louisiana state police are thugs. The FBI have raided the SD several times recently, and they're more trusted and respected around here than the troopers. Go figure.