Big day: Decided to Open Carry

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Charyoutree, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Charyoutree

Charyoutree New Member

I was originally planning to not carry until I got the Permit to carry concealed; but after doing some research on open carry and getting used to the weight of my G22 on my hip, I chose to exercise my right to open carry here in NC. I got some looks from a couple of people but nothing anti or negative. Actually, the greeter at Wal-Mart commented that she liked "seeing a young man ready to defend himself".

Gotta say that the "nervousness"/excitement was a lot like the first time I wore my kilt in public. Next time I go out I'll wear the kilt AND open carry. ;)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Whatever floats your boat :rolleyes:

3. Charyoutree

Charyoutree New Member

Kilts are much more comfortable...and the ladies are always intrigued. ;)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

4. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I meant that you open carried

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Just curious, what was your choice in a holster?

6. gollygee

gollygee New Member

And how's that holster gonna work when yer ina dress?? ;):p

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Haaaaa!!! :D:D:D All in good fun OP!! :cool:

8. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Yeah!! I was hoping he'd know what the little ;):) thingys were for.

9. Charyoutree

Charyoutree New Member

I'm using a Blackhawks Serpa holster set up as a paddle holster.

...and it shouldn't be any problem with the kilt since I use the same belt. Concealed will be even easier since I can use the cargo pocket on the right side.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

I think he does, but it's gotten awful chippy in here today:eek:, best to be sure :cool:

11. Charyoutree

Charyoutree New Member

LOL! One thing about deciding to wear a kilt from time to time is developing a thick skin...but I've gotten far more positive comments than negative from folks in person.

All in fun, guys!

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Gotcha, retention is VERY important when you're OC'ing, not uncommon for some jagoff to come up behind you and try to prove an idiotic point by grabbing at your piece, or even worse some jagoff who wants to use it :eek: If you're in eastern NC I'll keep an eye out for ya, you shouldn't be too hard to miss! :D

13. L1B3R4T0R

L1B3R4T0R New Member

Good for you... I have been stopped and ask for my CCW before while carrying concealed. I don't think I would ever open carry it draws too much attention.

14. Charyoutree

Charyoutree New Member

Not always in the kilt, but watch for me anyway. You near Goldsboro? I'm a member out at ENC Firing Range. Let me know if your in the area and we'll go put holes in paper.

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

WHY would you be STOPPED asked for your permit :confused:

16. vincent

vincent New Member

Goldsboro isn't too far and will most def let ya know if I'm in the area, thanks for the invite!! Can always use another shooting buddy! :D

17. vincent

vincent New Member

I'm curious too...stopped by the Law I'm assuming? Printing?

18. L1B3R4T0R

L1B3R4T0R New Member

I was at the mall and a deputy stopped me an ask if I had a permit for the weapon was carrying. I replied yes and produced it, he said thank you, that was all. It was in the summer and I was carrying my Glock 23 in a in the waist band holster with only my shirt covering it. I guess he saw the outline of it and was curious.

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well I guess you wern't really concealed were you?
    Hope you learned :rolleyes:

Now I ask this with due respect---
    Just how drunk were you when the pic in your avatar was taken:eek:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012