Big DA revolver problem, please help!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by RustyShackleford101, Aug 31, 2012.

1. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

So I have a Gamo air revolver( I know not a firearm bit this category seemed most appropriate). I was firing it and on one of the DA trigger pulls, the trigger stayed all the way back. I can push it forward but it won't reset automatically, just when I push it forward. If I pull the hammer back it has an extremely light hair trigger pull and the hammer is very light to pull back. Also if I fire SA the trigger doesn't go forward either. It acts like a Single Action Only. Any suggestions on what to do?

2. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Pics or gtfo. Im just playin man, it sounds like a bad spring to me. Personally i would take it to any one with experience with airguns an "airsmith" i guess :D.

3. RustyShackleford101

I might just throw the thing away. I got it at a yard sale for 5 bucks and it is only good for popping tin cans. Plus I prefer things that go "Bang".

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Im serious post some pics of the gun in the cocked, stuck, and uncocked positions. One of us may be able to help.

5. RustyShackleford101

It's got me beat.

Attached Files:

6. RustyShackleford101

The thing does have a kickass trigger in SA though.

7. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I still think it's a bad spring. It doesn't pull back to normal position. Do you have any experience dismantling revolvers?

8. RustyShackleford101

Yes but this baby is sealed shut. I don't think there is a way in other than cutting the plastic with a Dremel tool.

9. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Don't do that. Have kids? Good learning tool. If not give it to someone who has young kids. Or you really could just pitch it, to much work for a 5$ airgun.

10. RustyShackleford101

Yeah, I've got a few other bb guns. My boy is almost ready for a single shot .22 now. I can't wait!

11. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I remember my 1st time with a 22. You feel unstoppable. :D enjoy your kids learning how to shoot. God bless

12. RustyShackleford101

I was really nervous my first time out shooting. But once I pulled that trigger for the first time, I found my first love. I hope my boy loves it too!