Big CCW mistake

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by texaswoodworker, Jan 21, 2012.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I was watching a little youtube today, and this video popped up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6sfnEi9Ik&feature=related[/ame]

Basically what it is, is a blank gun. (It took me until they showed the ammo to figure this out. I thought it was an actuall .22.) It fires 6mm blanks. (basically a .22)
    My question is, why would someone carry one of these? It seems like a good way to get yourself killed. Is it because it is in Europe (and possibly in a anti gun country)?
    My second question is, if you are going to make a blank gun, why make it in what is basically a .22? Why not just go ahead and beef it up to .357?
    This just seems like a bad idea to carry this. Yeah, most of the time when you have to pull out your gun, the bag guy runs or gives up. But what it he doesn't? What if he decides he is going to chance it, or finds out that it is a blank gun?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I knew someone once that carried around a replica gun because he wasn't allowed to have a real one due to a conviction in his past. Real stupid. It goes way beyond just being a bad idea. It's a good way to get yourself killed in a real hurry. In some places, it actually is illegal to do.

If someone pulled what I found out to be a fake gun on me, I'd likely get it away from them and beat them with it just on general principles.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

In a real SD situation you only have a blink of an eye to make a decision.unless its a big yellow nerf gun,i dont think that you will have time to evaluate the difference

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Warning: Hazardous Language and Reckless Gun Handling

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBA1jA2-mo]Snatch - Desert Eagle vs. Replica Scene - YouTube[/ame]

5. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

A two bit punk looking to score some quick cash to feed his drug habit will take one look at a gun, any gun, and run like hell. A hard core gang banger, looking to prove something won't. Brandishing a toy, replica or blank firing gun is a good way to get dead.

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

To my knowledge brandishing a toy gun (that looks real), an inert dummy gun or a blank firing gun is considered by law enforcement to be the same as brandishing a real firearm.

Ive heard of kids shooting pedestrians with paintball guns from cars and when caught were charged with a felony crime. They shot people at a bus stop with red paintballs and they thought they had been shot with a real gun.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Those paint balls can hurt and along with red paint could cause a ccw holder to open fire. Freeze a paint ball and it can be deadly.

8. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Has only been a couple of weeks since a 15 year old was shot dead by police while brandishing/pointing what turned out to be a pellet gun.

Can't expect that anybody will or won't know it isn't a firearm...good way to get killed.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wait, was that the 8th grader? That's the only one I remember recently.
    15 years old and in the 8th grade implies other problems to me.

10. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I don't know what grade he was in but yeah, if you can legally drive to school as a HS freshman...might be some issues. :)

11. texaswoodworker

I could see how these could work some times, but thats not good enough. The way I see it, if you are going to carry something, carry a real gun that could save your life. The only thing a blank gun is good for is making loud noises, and possibly being used as a blunt object.

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Law in VA- point a replica at a LEO, not only are your probably going to die, but your heirs are not going to sue anybody about your getting capped.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

This happens fairly regularly in Chicago.

To the OP, I think because there are very tight gun laws in European countries, some carry guns with blanks in them. I remember someone from a European country posting on here about obtaining either a starter pistol or some other gun that shoots blanks because it was near to impossible to buy a real gun where he was.

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I seen that video,the people on that bench actually slumped over like they had really been shot. They shot one guy walking down the sidewalk and he fell over too.

15. texaswoodworker

That makes sense. I don't see why someone should be able to sue for something like that. Their mistake, their problem.

It makes a little more sense in Europe, but it still could cost you your life. If I had no choice, I guess I would at least concider carrying one if I was over there, but I would also cary a very large knife too. :eek:

Is this the video?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g08ZKuo92-w]Re: Ashamed to be a paintball player - YouTube[/ame]

Quick question, can you respond to an attack like this with deadly force and not be thrown in jail? It seems like a lot of these people don't know that it is a paintball gun, and could quickly respond with deadly force if they have a CCW on them.

I'm glad they ended up getting caught in the act and thrown in jail.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  16. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I believe thats the one, people like that are idiots for sure.. I would say that deadly force in an instance like this would be iffy. Now at the precise moment,you would truely believe that you were being shot because of the gunshots and the painful impact of the projectiles. You may be in court for a while,and it really depends on the type of DA that is present. I would think that in the end you would be aquitted of charges, but ive seen cases where a law abiding CCP holder shoots and kills a BG that had a real gun,and is found guilty of manslaughter. There are alot of factors that contribute to what would happen.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  18. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

If you are over 12 years old and carry a cap pistol you have a death wish.:rolleyes:

19. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Last week a couple of my guys stopped a suspicious vehicle in a neighborhood. The caller informed us the probable driver was known to carry a handgun. When they lit up the car, the driver reached for the back seat and ignored commands to put his hand up. He very nearly was on the receiving end of 9 00 buck shot pellets. His "gun"? A replica "air soft" gun he was trying to hide in the back seat when stopped. I seriously doubt he understands the magnitude of his poor choices.

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You cant fix stupid but you can kill it :rolleyes: