Big 22 LR amo test from Norway.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by pulver, Aug 27, 2011.

1. pulver

pulver New Member

Hello.
    I have done a big test of 22 LR amo fore my CZ 455.
    My english is not so good that I can write the testresults in english,but if you use the goggle translater in youre toolbar you will be abel to understand what I have writhen.
    Pulver`s jaktblogg: Stortest av 22 LR amunisjon.

B.R

Stig from Norway.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Pulver- Tusen takk. Utmerket rapport.

Well planned test, very concise and informative report. I spend time trying to shrink the shot group size with a .22, and have found major differences in accuracy with different ammunition. The Lapua Master and Nobel R-50 shoot very well in my old Mossberg rifles. I have also been pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of the Wolf Match .22 LR ammo.

Once again, thank you for the very hard work that went into this project.

Folks, this man deserves several "Thumbs up"

3. pulver

pulver New Member

Thanks. I`m happy that you didd understand me and understand what I have written in the test. The RWS R50 is one of my favorittes. But it`s werry expensive in Norway. $ 0.6 pr shoot. Round 3 Norwegian kroner..it`s too expensive just for fun shooting.

Stig.

4. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

If I'm reading correctly the Lapua Match grouped well for you also.

Great work putting all that together!

5. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The Nobel and Lapua are about $18 per 50 rounds here. The Wolf Match is about $6/ 50 rounds. Ordinary hunting quality 22 ammo is about 18/ 500 round brick.

7. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Can you say thorough? Greatly appreciated. I tend to lean towards handguns, but just got a Ruger 10/22. So, I have been trying to research accurate and affordable .22 ammo. Thanks for the quality testing!

8. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

very detailed and outstanding write up. Thank you!

Here is the link to the google site English translation Google Translate

9. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Over here, we just avoid Remmy Golden Bullet Bulk...when you can get it to shoot, it usually groups well...
    its just annoying as heck to have 2-3 outta every 25 round go PAFF instead of BANG!

10. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Thanks for the awesome report pulver! Understood most of it without a translator, Norwegian is so close to Swedish :D

11. pulver

pulver New Member

Hello again.
    I have done some more testing. This time only sub-amo after the bariel was cut down 60 mm an I mount on an silencer.
    I do belive that the bulletspeed will go faster,but it did not..it went slower.
    Pulver`s jaktblogg: Test av sub-amo.