Biden doubles down on shotgun advice

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Rocky7, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

WASHINGTON -- Vice President Biden has offered another colorful argument to make his case that gun owners are better off having a shotgun than an assault weapon.

Biden has gotten a lot of grief from gun rights advocates for advising gun owners to scrap their AR-15s and "buy a shotgun." But Thursday, Vice President Biden doubled down on his argument that the shotgun is a superior weapon for protecting oneself and property.

"They make fun of my saying, 'Use a shotgun if someone is invading your home,'" Biden said during a roundtable discussion on gun control hosted by MSNBC's Morning Joe. "Guess what? Use a shotgun if someone is invading your home you don't kill your kids. Use an AR-15 (and the bullet) goes through a wall and can kill your kid in the bedroom."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/04/11/biden-shotgun-assault-weapon/2073445/

We have elected our share of morons to political office in Canada, that's for sure. Some of them have been bona fide droolers.

No offence, but Joe Biden?.................he's real special.

2. aandabooks

aandabooks Active Member

I doubt he can read and comprehend so all of the ballistic studies that have been done on bullet penetration inside of homes would be worthless to him.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

And his guards carry what??????

4. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I recall when Reagan was shot a secret service agent pulled out his full auto uzi. I guess they didn't realize how ineffective as a defensive weapon it was, or cared if an innocent bystander was hit on the street by a spray of bullets. But they did have him immediately put it away. It's frightening how our addle-brained VP doesn't get impeached. The things he says isn't funny anymore.:confused:

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Actually I love this idiot! Every time he open his mouth he says something more stupid and funny then the last time. I swear I do think that he helps our side with his dumb comments.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Any round incapable of penetrating drywall cannot be effective against an intruder.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yep. That's why I only keep an airsoft pistol around. Those 6mm pastic BBs will not go thru the drywall here in VA, and kill my kid (who lives in Lancaster PA)
    :D

8. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

shut up, biden....i like using a shotgun for HD....:mad:

9. customammo72

customammo72 New Member

Thanks C3, my laptop just got sprayed with mountain dew!!!

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I think he is personal protection for Obama. Nobody wants to see Biden as President.

11. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Are they the only choices for HD...a shotgun or an AR-15. I would never use an AR-15 for HD inside my home...gang of zombies kicking down my door another story all together.

12. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Biden's Secret Service call sign is "Guardian Angel."

13. xring3

xring3 Member

Does Biden take the short bus to the white house?

14. customammo72

customammo72 New Member

Hmm, never though of it that way, that kinda answers my question about why no one has tried to assassinate Odumba

15. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

In the late 70s and early 80s I played beer league hockey in the University of Delaware Ice Arena. One of my teammates lived in North West Del. between Wilmington and Kennett Square, PA, which is the area Biden lived in at the time, and may still. This guy hated Biden. He said he didn't know how the guy got elected Senator, as he said he would not have won dog catcher in his own area. He said Biden was an arragant Azzhat who was pretty much universally disliked.

I did not ask if he knew if Joe had a shotgun or not.

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Joe Biden was selected as BHO's running mate for 1 reason and 1 reason only.

If anyone can make our Telepromter In Chief look smart... It's Joe Biden.

Tack

17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Biden now lives in Greenville DE which is actually Southwest of Wilmington, more towards UD in Newark.

18. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

IMO, a handgun is the best choice for HD.

If the choices are between a shotgun, and an AR, I'd probably choose the AR. I feel it's easier to maneuver than my shotty (18"), and I MUCH prefer the sights on it to the bead on my shotgun. I feel that out of the two, I would do much better with an AR. Over penetration could be an issue, unless you use ammo designed for less penetration. Either way, I plan on buying a home out in the country in a few years, so over penetration become less of an issue. Like I said though, I'd prefer a nice, powerful handgun for HD.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  19. 1911love

1911love New Member

Dao said Biden is universally disliked, just like his universal BC.

JTJ, please help me clean off the screen on my iPhone, LOL!