Bi pod help

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by bungiex8e8, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

Just bought a new remington 700 vtr a-tacs and wanted to get a bipod for it i want to get a harris hbl bipod but was wondering if i would have any trouble mounting it with the bottom of the stock being wide and flat and with the other harris mount just behind the first one. There is 2 harris mounts on the front of the gun.

2. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I believe those "Harris mounts" are actually sling swivel studs. Having two allows you to mount the Harris bipod to one, then have the second behind it for the front swivel of your sling. The sling is then out of the way of the bipod.

Regards,

Walt

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Correct explanation walt

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Here's my Harris Bipod install on my 7mm Rem. Mag. The front swivel stud gets the bipod and the rear stud gets the sling. It works well. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  5. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

yea i knew that i was just worried that the studs were to close for some bipods. I was worried that the bi pod base would hit the sling mount i didnt want to buy a $100 bipod and it not work on the gun. I figured rem would of took it into account but i just wanted to make sure. thanx

6. zivadog

zivadog New Member

No Pics, but I have an SPS tactical with the wide overmolded Hogue stock and use it at the range with a Harris bipod. No trouble at all, works well....

Zivadog