Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
not me, I have developed a recoil aversion over the last few years, don't enjoy them at all. 7 mag is about the top end for my candy a$$.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just picked up my second BFR in 500 S&W. It is not as powerful as the 450 Marlin, but out of the box at 30 yards, it was shooting outstanding groups, with iron sites. It also came drilled, and tapped. I'm setting it up for a scope before I take it back out. I'm also setting up to reload 500 S&W, because t can be very expensive shooting that puppy:)

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
I really like the BFR 45-70. The only problem I have with these guns is, if these are rifle calibers then buy a rifle...

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
I really like the BFR 45-70. The only problem I have with these guns is, if these are rifle calibers then buy a rifle...
I'm with Mark - the advantage of the rifle cartridge is negated by the short barrel, and thus less time to get the bullet spinning correctly for the utmost accuracy.

Not to mention I like my hands attached to my wrists and my shoulders IN their sockets. :D

JD

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
I shot a TC 30-30 Contender and it wasn't fun...

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
TC contender in .35 remington was bad enough. Shooting cinder blocks at 100 yards was cool, but uncomfortable. BFR's seem silly.

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
The ONLY reason Magnum Research makes the "BFR" pistol line is... There is no shortage of dumbasses out there that think they NEED a big ol' Macho Revolver to impress someone (hopefully a girly) that "may" show an interest in their big gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts