Beware of Online Ammo Sites

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by ninjatoth, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I have a real bad experience with an ammunition website online.I placed an order March 11th 2010 for ammuntion,and it is now sept 24th and have not recieved my order,the website has stopped responding to my requests for a refund,and the better business bearu cannot get ahold of them either,now they have a BBB rating of "F".I am not sure if I am allowed to share what site it was or not,but I will if that is allowed here.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Who was it? I buy online ammo all the time and have never had a problem...

3. kytim

kytim New Member

I vote to know!!!!

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

wut ^ said

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Outdoor Marksman - Customer Service
    (503) 399-5463

Outdoor Marksman - West Coast
    1335 Madison Street NE
    Salem, Oregon 97301

Looks like it's still open?

Any members live near this place?

Maybe someone should stop in and inquire about their speedy shipments!

Outdoor Marksman

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's the outfit that manufactures Miwall ammunition. They produce new and reloads.
    They sell their own stuff in bulk and commercial brands as well at gun shows here in CA and at the Reno shows. It's pretty good range fodder and decently priced. The commercial ammo they sell is decently priced as well.

Once or twice yearly they have a sale in Grass Valley, CA which is about an hour or so drive from Sacramento. I haven't gone to it, but it's either a warehouse or a manufacturing facility. However, knowing CA paranoia, it's probably just a warehouse.

I realize this doesn't solve the problem, but it's some background on the company.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

A four hour drive to and from Salem for me, once I get back home from California!!

8. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

In the past what has worked for me is to file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state this ammo company is located. I remember one time mailing in the money for a replacement set of grips and American Derringer to this day has never sent me my grips- Ass Holes.

9. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Here is my latest response from BBB:

Thank you for contacting Better Business Bureau regarding your complaint. We have attempted to contact the business and asked that they respond. We are disappointed to report that we have not received a response from the company. This company is not a BBB Accredited Business, and has not agreed to work with us to resolve complaints.

We have closed this case as unanswered and it will be reflected in the company's public BBB Reliability Report. Please notify us immediately if the business contacted you directly and resolved the complaint.

Monday will be 7 months since I placed my order with this site.Beware.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sucks. :mad:

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've ordered from them several times and always had great customer service. I bought everything from pistol to shotgun in a wide variety of flavors. This was back when I was just ramping up my gun love and felt the need to be well stocked in all the weapons I owned at the time.
    I actually got a phone call from them over a year after I marked that I was interested in one of their out of stock items. They called and apologized for it being out of stock for so long but if I still wanted it they could ship it out to me. I no longer needed it so I declined and they told me they would remove me from that list.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It's been at least 4 or 5 years since I ordered from them so maybe things have changed.

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I might have missed this, but....do they have your money? I don't think you state that in any of your posts.

13. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Yes,they took my money out on March 11th when I made my order.

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Was your order over a secure site? I'm no pro, but....

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It is probably too late but you did have recourse with your credit card company. You can still file a complaint but you are probably past your time limit. I would give it a try as you might cause them some grief and possibly cut off their credit card access.

16. rifleman55

rifleman55 New Member

If you used a credit card or bank card, contact the credit card company or bank, they can usually get a refund. If a US postak MO, ask what you can do at the post office. Same with PayPal, but I won't use them, they are anti gun.
    You have rights and many times will get reimbersd by the company with the money source, try it.

John K

17. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I never heard of the company. the URL http://www.outdoormarksman.com/ shows a couple gag gifts that when clicked redirect you to another site. [http://www.prankplace.com]

Always best to stick with the well known places when it comes to online transactions. They must have had a hella-deal on the ammo? Hate to hear they took ya. AS stated you might have a back door wit hthe credit card company but after all this time that window might be locked too. :(