Beware Duck Creek Armory

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by DarkMagician, Dec 2, 2013.

1. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

I finished a preorder layaway on 7/1/2013 with Duck Creek Armory. The firearm is a Glock 30SF. The Glock was still Out of Stock. I requested a Refund thru email in August and was informed they did not do refunds on paid firearms. The only reason i did not go insane waiting for the Glock was i Lost my wallet and it contained my IL FOID card. You can't buy anything in IL without the Firearm owners identification card. I applied for a New one and it take far longer nowadays in IL because of CCW coming to IL. Late Oct i emailed DCA about switching from a Glock to a Springfield XDM and received No response. I finally received my new FOID card early Nov and the XDM was now marked Out of Stock. I emailed DCA every other day since late Oct with No response. The phone had a recording that stated " Due to increased volume of calls, we can't answer the phone at this time".The phone now has a recording that state Temporarily out of service. The Glock 30SF was marked low stock on their website and i emailed and even sent a Fax to try to have them send one to my FFL and not wait another Five months for one. The Glock went Out of stock again. At one point their website was down, phone number out of service and they do Not respond to email. Someone filed a Ripoff Report on Nov 19 with a similar problem. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duck-...very-of-promised-goods-Davenport-Iowa-1100511

I Hope i can acquire my Glock 30 or any firearm at this stage from DCA. Either that or a refund but it sure Don't look good.

2. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

and I bet the police won't do squat about it either. See if something happened to me like this i would probably lose my 2a Rights after beating the owner

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hey bud, I suggest you take a look at their facebook page . Looks as though the store has closed up from the sign on the door . It appears your not the only one they have taken.

Attached Files:

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Dark, I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's a big bummer and even bigger hassle for you I'm sure. Sorry man.

5. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

I would grab an oxy acetylyne torch and kick that damn window in and go get my damn gun

6. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

Thank You for the post and image. That really says it all. DCA was still selling guns on Gunbroker as of Nov 19.

7. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

I am Tempted to do just that.

8. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

It was their layaway plan that lured me in. For those opposed to layaway, this is the Poster child for saving up and Buying In stock only.

9. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

10. DP03

DP03 New Member

Wow......I recently bought an "in stock" shotgun from them. After paying, I was told that in stock meant that they had the materials to build the gun and they reminded me that my gun was a custom model and they had statements on their site as to build times (this was true and I missed it, even if it was somewhat hidden).

I waited and waited, and finally demanded a refund, which they issued in full. Looks like I got lucky.

11. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

To the best of my knowledge if you pay for things like this with a Postal M.O. and they rip you off it becomes mail fraud and following up on these things seems to be something the U.S.P.S. does well. Not helpful now I know, sorry for your trouble.

12. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I'm pretty sure his gun isn't in there and they have very little if any inventory.

13. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

I am Happy for you that you did receive a refund. What Hurt me is losing my FOID card. I probably could have switched to something else and might have received it if i presented the request earlier when they were still commuicating with customers.

14. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

Thanks for the input and i will Definitely keep that in mind for future purchases.

15. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

I was going to make a 200 mile drive and go their in person but Thanks to Purehavoc's post i now know i would have been totally Pissed off to see the sign in the window along with the business Closed.

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Honestly , I would find where this guy lives and make a personal visit to his home .

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Also there is 2 numbers for them on the registry . I would give them both a call one may be a home number

Attached Files:

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

did you pay with a credit card? if so, file a dispute with them and maybe they can rectify the situation for you. sorry for your bad luck in this and i know it sucks, and i hope you get some sort of resolution to this matter.

good luck to you.

Edit: i would also think about filing criminal theft charges as well. they took money from you and you didn't recieve the property you bought. that's theft and if it's over a certain amount, then they could be felony charges as well.

also contact the BATF and tell them what's going on.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  19. DarkMagician

DarkMagician New Member

I Absolutely will try those numbers, Thank You Very Much !!!!!!!