Betty Ford passes away at 93

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gregs887, Jul 8, 2011.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Former first lady Betty Ford dies at the age of 93 - CNN.com

2. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

In 1971 Gerald Ford was Speaker of the House, and he spoke at my wife's commencement from West Chester State College. He spoke to the parents and criticized the kids I was 22, and we all hated him.

In 1976 I voted for him. A lot of good I did. As every other presidential candidate I have voted for has lost, so did he. :However, he had converted me, and I thought he was a way better candidate then Jimmy Carter.

His wife was like a breath of fresh air in those days. She was candid on each topic, and said things that were not particularly politically correct in those days. She backed abortion, she was okay with living together and sex before marriage. I remember her saying she was sure her kids had tried pot, and might herself if she were that age. She supported ending the draft, though thought women should be drafted if there was a draft. A lot of that was in opposition to the Republican party, and her husband.

Betty Ford was a pretty sharp first lady. Some others should maybe take a page out of her book, and speak their minds, not their husbands.

By the way, with my record, maybe I should vote for Obama next year!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

3. Daoust_Nat

In 1971 Gerald Ford was Speaker of the House, and he spoke at my wife's commencement from West Chester State College. He spoke to the parents and criticized the kids I was 22, and we all hated him.

In 1976 I voted for him. A lot of good I did. As every other presidential candidate I have voted for has lost, so did he. :However, he had converted me, and I thought he was a way better candidate then Jimmy Carter.

His wife was like a breath of fresh air in those days. She was candid on each topic, and said things that were not particularly politically correct in those days. She backed abortion, she was okay with living together and sex before marriage. I remember her saying she was sure her kids had tried pot, and might herself if she were that age. She supported ending the draft, though thought women should be drafted if there was a draft. A lot of that was in opposition to the Republican party, and her husband.

Betty Ford was a pretty sharp first lady. Some others should maybe take a page out of her book, and speak their minds, not their husbands.

Rest in peace Mrs. Ford.

4. Daoust_Nat

In 1976 I voted for him. A lot of good I did. As every other presidential candidate I voted for has lost, so did he.

His wife was like a breath of fresh air in those days. She was candid on each topic, and said things that were not particularly politically correct in those days. She backed abortion, she was okay with living together and sex before marriage. I remember her saying she was sure her kids had tried pot, and might herself if she were that age. She supported ending the draft, though thought women should be drafted if there was a draft.

Rest in peace Mrs. Ford.

5. Daoust_Nat

I am good. I seem to have posted this three times.