Better SKS trigger?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by supergus, Dec 10, 2009.

1. supergus

supergus New Member

The trigger pull on my Yugo SKS is long with no crisp letoff. It's not exactly a mushy pull, more like I'm pulling my finger through pudding, even though it's very smooth and consistent through the entire pull. I want a little lighter, crisper pull. What have you guys used with good results?

2. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

supergus,

If you'd like to do the work yourself, check out these links:

Lightening the SKS trigger

SKSboards Trigger job

SKS Trigger Rework Tips

Lastly, this guy does a "match" trigger for SKS's. You might check out his site:
    SKS triggers, improve the safety of the SKS carbines

Other than that, I don't know of any magical drop-in trigger groups for the SKS. I know Red-Star used to sell (they may still) excellent AK trigger groups, but I don't know if they sell any for the SKS. Good luck.

Slo

3. iakobos

iakobos New Member

I followed the instructions in this five part youtube series with excellent results. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpP4sfvWJlM&feature=related]YouTube - SKS Trigger Job Part 1 of 5[/ame]
    My SKS trigger (creep, break, smoothness) is almost as good as my Reminton 30-06. There is still a lot of take up of course (more now that I've taken out the creep) and over travel but it's much better to shoot.