Better pistol and why

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by BigManD, May 12, 2013.

1. BigManD

BigManD New Member

Okay so what (in everyone's opinion) is the better handgun:

1911 or a glock 21 chambered in a .45

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

You just asked in the 1911 forum, so it is going to be biased towards 1911.:rolleyes:

3. CPO15

CPO15 New Member

I've traded both my .45 Glocks (kept the three 9mm's); the Glock is a great gun but not as much fun as my 1911s.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I can shoot a 1911 better than a Glock.

5. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Yes. There is no doubt in my mind.

I see you're new, and I'm not trying discourage you, but the Glock /
    1911 debate has been more than well covered. If you want to look through some past threads we have a search feature.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum. If you haven't done it yet you should stop by the Introductions folder and tell us a little about yourself

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Run some search's for info and check out shooters with a good video history like hinckok45 to watch. Try to shoot other peoples glocks or 1911 AND many other pistols. If you can even renting and shooting a box of ammo devided between same caliber rentals that are avalible!!

Bottom line , the differences are very miner if wanted as a shooter are fun, match pistol homem defense handgun. You could by a highpoint and get by. For carry use, nether may truly serve you best.

It must be your choice not ours as to what to buy. I CC smaller lighter da type triggered pistols but have 1911's and had glocks and revolvers. No perfect handgun for all needs and hard to stop at only one.

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I think if you shot them side by side you'd have a very obvious answer right in your hands.

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Get both, then add a Sig and an H&K along with a FN. Then you should be pretty well covered.

9. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Its like asking what team is better the Yankees or the Red Sox, in Boston

10. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Basing just the 1911 design against a glock design is rough, as you have already discovered. The glock is simple when the 1911 is a little more complex. Its really all about how they feel in YOUR hand and how you shoot them. If you're efficient at weapons manipulation and can do some quick reloads the 1911 may be the gun for you, if you want a few more rounds in your mag then you may want a glock. But that is all dependent on your needs

11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I shoot 1911's better...

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

As unbiased as I can possibly be...

I've shot both. Never had the overwhelming urge to buy a GLOCK. I will one day, a G17 so I can have some range fun with 33 round mags and cheap ammo. But they never overly impressed me.

Never shot a 1911 until I bought one. I decided after the first range trip that if I could choose only one gun for life, that's it.

13. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Why have hamburger when you can have steak? Get a CZ-75 and never look back. :p

14. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I agree to a point, glocks and bottom end 1911s are hamburger. But quality 1911s are like an aged Delmonico

15. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I prefer my dinner fresh lol

And I'm just messin' with the OP because there is no such thing as best.

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Better for what? If you think the measure of a pistol is the amount of abuse it can take, buy the Glock. 1911s can bear up pretty well under a fair bit of abuse as well, more than they are given credit for. But why would you want to?
    They are products of different design philosophies and different eras, so direct comparison isn't always the best way to judge. Much like comparing a new Camry to a 65 GTO. Both do what they do quite well within the limitations of their designs. You need to pick the one that fits your intended use.

The bad guy center punched with either one won't really care which one you use.

As to the CZ 75, we're talking .45s here. Bring a 97 or go home.

Last edited: May 18, 2013