Beta Mags

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JonM, Apr 3, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

anyone have any extended experience with beta c-mag 100 round drums??

im not concerned with practical aspects or cost factor i know they are pricey. just whether they really work, warranty quality, parts quality, durability.

[​IMG]

thanks

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I picked one up back in Feb for ****z and gigglez but haven't had a chance to try it out. With the 5rd loader it was pretty easy and quick to load it with 100rds. As soon as I give it a run at the range I'll let you know what I think.

3. JonM

thanks. whats your opinion on the material construction how rugged does it feel to you??

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It is definitely well made, a heavy fiberglass body and strong metal springs inside. Once it is loaded it does weigh quite a bit but that doesn't bother me as much as it does some others. It is pricey but I was leery of trying out one of the cheaper Korean knockoffs, I'd rather spend more and get a quality piece than waste it on a less expensive piece.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

I have used them quite a few times in the last 20 years. They work. Several friends have them and have had no problems with them, though they do not see a ton of use. No issues with any breakages, either. They do use a dry graphite lube, though.

6. JonM

thanks a ton. sounds like a good product.

7. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

I think it is a good product. But check out the new SureFire 60rd and 100rd mags. They have no hit the streets yet, but I know some of their testers, and they love them.

8. JonM

thanks i will put them on my list.

ooops took a look at em after i posted. they are way too long for my needs. im looking at a drum type 100 rounder.