bestest bayonet

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by JonM, May 18, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

I need a damn good bayonet for my new BCM midlength carbine. Ive always kept a m7 handy but that okc-3s is pretty sweet looking. I hate the m9 its a total pos.

Anyone got any experience with the okc3s or opinions on it or know a better 4th or 5th option??

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

The M9 wire cutter and finger chopper was a design in a Rambo movie I think. Looked awesome, worked like crap and dangerous for the user if they didnt understand physics.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

The rooskies have a cutter on theirs so i guess we did too.

Im just wondering if the okc has that same bendy craptastic blade the m9 has. Ive read good things about it was hoping someone here had real world experience with it.

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

The way the M9 wire cutter works is downright dangerous. The natural fall of your fingers is directly in the way of a very sharp blade, not a good design for the use of some that are less than cautious sometimes. I havent touched the OKC but suspect its a better overall bayonet than the 9 which is more of a survival knife than a bayonet.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I like the Engineer's bayonet for my K-31. Of course, putting one on an AR would double the weight of the AR.............

k31 bayonet.jpg

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

OMG:eek: Now I want that gun just so I can put that bayonet on it. :D

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

oh if only i could have that on my AR!!! that is a sweet bayonet!!

im still looking for a vietnam era US shotgun bayonet. every time i find one at a gunshow or gunshop or such around here its $$$ but 3/4 of the fun is looking :) gives me a reason to go to the gunshow this weekend.

8. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The Arisaka bayonets are my favorite.. You can tell they were made by a sword making country.. They have the most comfortable handles and good balance..

[​IMG]

I never understood why the US shotguns used M1917 bayonets, and not the M1906/42 like the '03 & Garand... :confused: