Best Zombie Book/Movie

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by txpossum, Jun 9, 2013.

1. txpossum

txpossum New Member

My vote for the best Zombie book is World War Z. Great read. The upcoming movie by the same name does not look like it follows the book very closely, think they just boufght the rights so they could use the name.

My vote for best Zombie movie is the ORIGINAL Dawn of the Dead, directed by the godfather of zombie, George Romero, in 1978.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Zombieland, of course. :cool:

3. txpossum

txpossum New Member

You didn't post your vote for the best book.

Zombieland was good, but it did not evoke the sheer terror that the original dawn of the dead did.

Ever see Zombie Strippers?

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Hmmm, I don't recall reading any zombie books. If I do come up something that qualifies, I'll get back to you on that.

James Lee Burke has some characters with zombie qualities in his books. Clete Purcell could be a zombie in a white hat. :p

5. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

" The Zombie Survival Guide " by Max Brooks, is a plethora of zombie information, from the solanum virus to weapons, tactics, and a host of scenario options concerning dealing with any outbreak. It reads like somewhat like a military manual and is quite entertaining in my opinion.
    The Romero classic remains a favorite for many zombiephiles,,and now I have heard the term " ZILF " on a larger radio station in Toledo Oh., some folks just aren't right, but funny.

6. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I read 30 or so pages of World War Z and it was good, the movie looks good. My favorite zombie movie has to be a tie between the Resident Evil series and 28 Days Later. Zombieland and Shawn of the Dead were good spoofs.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

World War Z the book was very good. Only one I've read. Movies....Dawn of the Dead. The one that came out in 2000-something. I have seen one other zombie movie, but it was ridiculous. (The one with the girl with a machine gun for a leg)

8. FL-panhandle

FL-panhandle New Member

The Return Man by Zito is a current zombie book that's pretty good.
    The western US is a contained Infected Zombie zone and people from the east (safe zone) hire this guy to go into the infected area to find loved ones. As the title implies, the book revolves around the return man and his dealings with zombies and people back east
    I highly recommend it. Very good read and a little different slant on the usual zombie fare

9. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

The Creature From Jekyll Island. Zombies LOVE it!

The Zombie Survival Guide is awful even as the silly joke it was intended to be at the time.

Not sure I ever saw a zombie movie except maybe the ones with Milla Jovovich. Seen 'em all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  10. badman400

badman400 New Member

I like the Zombie books by Jonathan Maberry. There are several in the "Rot & Ruin", (Rot & Ruin, Flesh & Bone, Dust & Decay), series and in the Joe Ledger series of novels by the same author. Haven't read World War Z yet, but am planning to soon.

As far as movies. I like Dawn of the Dead as "The Original", but also have to give mention to Resident Evil and I Am Legend. Those Zombies in "Legend" were just absolutely terrifying. The one at the end that was getting smart, except for ramming his head into the bullet proof glass, has to take the Scariest Zombie Ever award. :eek:

ETA: Hugh Howey wrote the Silo (WOOL) series of Zombie books, (First Shift, Second Shift, & Third Shift), and they are good as well.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

That DOES sound like a good book.

12. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I saw World War Z, lets just say it was less than satisfactory. I heard they're gonna turn it into a trilogy. I bought the book right after I saw the movie. I have about 50 pages left. It's great, and really interesting. The movie shares very few similarities, just a few things from the book. Max Brooks also researched all the facts concerning weapons, vehicles, tactics, and other military machinery. Glad he did.

13. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Is that the zombie version of "milf"? I may not sleep tonight. :eek:

14. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

The only Zombie book I have read lately was World War Z and it was an amazing book. I heard a quote from Max Brooks that was something along the lines of the only thing the book and movie had in common was the title. As far as movies go I liked Zombieland but I have yet to find a truley scary zombie flick.

15. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Not in the actual "zombie" genre, but how to prepare for & fictional accounts of TEOTWAWKI, everything by James Wesley, Rawles! + www.survivalblog.com

16. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I'd like to read the book suggested, however, for me it has to be well-written to hold my attention. Will look into it however. I hate to think of normal, well-intentioned, law-abiding citizens, because of government's dark corruption, has turned population into zombies. No matter what. They were once us.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  17. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

It's very well written. It's in an interview point of view. Interviewing people around the world, different walks of life and experiences. I recommend it

18. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

F4U,,, that is correct,, apparently the zombie virus is not an STD and I concur,,, rather bizarre and somewhat unsettling but kinda funny in a sick way,,,

19. Seven

Seven New Member

Book: The Infection (series) by Craig DiLouie
    Movie: The Crazies

20. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Book: The Walking Dead- the road to Woodbury

For the movie WWZ which I just saw today or The Crazys