Best Whiskey under $30 a bottle

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Yunus, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I just tried Kirkland 7 year aged bourbon. It's really good, and $20 for a 1 liter bottle I don't think it can be beat. Bring on your challengers! :)

Kirkland is costco brand for those who don't know. I think Knob Creek is who actually makes it but I'm not sure.

2. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I work with a a guy that drinks Kentucky deluxe and he thinks it the best but. Actually its the bottom of the barrel from Jim beam. .

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I'm so poor I can't squeeze juice out of a corncob to get a half decent buzz.

4. jbshoots

jbshoots New Member

old overholt rye is pretty good (approx. $15/liter)

makers mark and jameson are also some of my favorites (both approx $25/liter)

5. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

18 bucks a bottle at my candy store. tastes so good!!

Attached Files:

7. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

Jim Beam. The good stuff.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For you bourbon drinkers- ALL bourbon is NOT from KY. It started here in Virginia. Decent, low $$$ bourbon is Virginia Gentleman. Bar bourbon for a lot a places in Northern VA. Made in Fredericksburg VA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Gentleman

9. kycol

kycol New Member

How dare you sir.

10. fapprez

fapprez New Member

Black Velvet. If fish were alcoholics, this is what they'd swim in. LOVE that BV!

11. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'll second that, had some last night. I like the hearty whiskey flavor, especially with ginger ale. Must be a "thing" in our area for some reason.

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

8 year old Old Charter is fair.

Maker's Mark is my primary choice.

13. FAH-Q

FAH-Q New Member

Only way I'll be drinking whiskey is if it's made in Kentucky or Tennessee, or just down the road in the holler.............. :) Some good o'l panther piss...

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Kycol- if it will make you feel any better- when the first Bourbon was distilled in Virginia, Kentucky was still part of Virginia.:p

And you should feel proud- the first Bourbon was distilled at Berkeley Plantation in Charles City County VA. Which was ALSO the site of the first Thanksgiving in the New World (WAY ahead of the Pilgrims in New England), and the site of the origin of the bugle call Taps (and the home of two US presidents)

berkley plantation.jpg

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Evan Williams blue label. Beams eight star is cheap and great for mixed drinks. Wild Turkey American honey is good. Pretty much any mash whiskey or Bourbon is good to me;)

16. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I like American honey.... But it's not whiskey, I want the burn the oak and the smoke with whiskey, American honey is a good drink but not whiskey.

I am a fan of Makers Mark, Jim Beam Black has recently come on my radar and Johnny Walker Red and Black are also a great drink but the Black gets a bit pricey in my book.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

For $30- i like crown royal

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

TRAITOR!!!! The blue label is hurt by your lack of love:( ;)

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thats only if i have $30 spend, i havent drank crown in a long time.. Its been blue label only

20. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Dang dude how much is blue label down there? Cuz its $25 a 1/5 here.