Best weapon for the zombie apocalypse

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by kdwolf, Dec 30, 2011.

1. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

What are you guys' thoughts...

2. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

The more the merrier. Start collecting !!

3. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

And get plenty of to go with them !!

4. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Well...short of the obvious protection afforded by training your own loyal platoon of zombies to guard the perimeter, I would need to know more about the zombies in question. If they are the garden variety, able to be disabled by a simple headshot, I may prefer a semi .223 as ammo is readily available and range is sufficient for a preemptive strike. If tissue loss/major bodily damage is required to neutralize the zombies, I may lean toward a .308 in a scout rifle. Of course, if the individual body parts are independently and dangerously animated, I may would require a flamethrower....that reminds me, I need to check Cabela's bargain bin!

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

One mind... any weapon

Kidding. As truggie said, depends on the zombie. Classic, shuffling, "BRAINS..." zombies require a good reliable rifle in a smaller bore caliber, AR, Mini, AK style, or a good semi auto .22, with a high capacity magazine, reliable accurate sighting system (practice with irons, ALWAYS. You never know when batteries will fail) such as a good red dot or a low power scope.

The goal here is to get off a quick accurate headshot and move along like there's nothing to see.

And I recommended the smaller caliber rounds for ease of carrying extra ammo.

I would also be carrying a crowbar, for its versatility as a melee weapon or pillaging/scavenging tool.

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

7. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

A pump shotgun and a bad dog is hard to beat.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

my personal firearm for the zombie apocolypse is my ruger 22/45 threaded barrel with silencerco sparrow suppressor.

[​IMG]

totally reliable, very quiet, very light ammo which i can carry a couple thousand rounds in a backpack using a ultimate clip loader. it really works!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HoErjZVjqI]The Ultimate Cliploader - YouTube[/ame]

the last thing in a zombie war is firing off super load centerfire guns. since only brain shots work you dont need a 223 or ak47 you need lots of quiet bullets so you dont attract the rest of the horde to your location.

9. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Haha! This is why I love you guys...excellent convo. The zombies in question are the old school slow moving dumb George romero type. Not the stupid Hollywood zombies. Basically the ones off walking dead.

10. Secondhand_Hero

Secondhand_Hero New Member

Then i'm thinkin bow & arrows (for resourcefulness), an AR15 .223/.556 combo, and a .45/.410 combo revolver! Possibly some sausage links to double as comical relief and a tastey snack

11. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Yeah, definitely a small caliber for the ease of carrying ammo. So what kind of location are we talking?

12. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Where would you go? I'm thinking I don't want to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

13. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

I dunno, my plan would be out to the country where my folks live, less people, less zombies ya? Crossbow is genius. Silent and deadly, wouldn't be great if you got swarmed but still good choice!

14. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

I like the suppressor idea too! Wonder how well a redjacket silenced ak or shotty would fair...

15. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Sooohooooo true. I'm thinking turn a small neighborhood into a compound. Gotta have a good group of people for supply runs.

16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Dust off and nuke 'em from orbit.

Only way to be sure.

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

How about a better, faster video game controller? :D

18. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Ill keep my serpent-haired mistress, and scavenge the dead for my ammo... :cool:

19. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

My marlin 60 and YHM Mite. It carries minute-of-head out to 200 yards.

But, as much as I dislike them, a 10/22 would be a faster reload.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

You braggart. One day I'm gonna talk you out of that medusa. :)