Best Walther PPK

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by CJx, Aug 23, 2013.

1. CJx

CJx New Member

Hopefully this topic doesn't spark too much controversy.
    From what I understand there are three types of popular PPKs, a German made Walther (which I can't find anywhere on the net,) Interarms PPK, and S&W PPK variant.
    I can't find much info on the original German made walther, but from the little I've seen it has the best rep. Interarms seems to have a lot of criticism, and S&W apparently had a recall a while back.
    I'm partial to the S&W PPK due to American engineering. I'm not in a position to purchase this weapon but I am very interested in it, and would like to know peoples opinions on which PPK you have and how it has performed for you.
    Also, anyone know of a website that discusses the German made PPK? How do you identify a German made PPK from a S&W PPK?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

German, French (Manurhin) and S&W. "Made in Germany" will give a hint. Walther had the Mannurhin produce some of his pistols during and after WWII.

http://www.waltherarms.com/

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

3. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I have a SS PPK that I have put about 300 rounds through. Bought it when I was totally clueless, and I am only half clueless now. It had a couple FTE during the first 50 rounds. Probably because I did not clean and lube the weapon before its first use. Since then it has been flawless even when using cheap, crappy ammo. I wasn't informed enough to be worried about where it was made when I got it. It is accurate for me up to about 10 yards. At 15 my shooting starts becoming a little more scattered with the PPK. It was made in the USA and has been good for me. I really enjoy it, and it feels very well made.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I have 2 PPK/s'.
    One in .380, the other in.22lr.
    Both are Manurhin manufacture.
    I have excellent accuracy out to 25 yrds. The .22 runs sweet on HV ammo.

Walther is touchy about who makes their firearms under license.