best two year gunsmith schools

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by nicoc4776, Apr 27, 2012.

1. nicoc4776

nicoc4776 New Member

i am looking to become a gunsmith and i am looking for the best two year school in the us,any ideas? thanks

2. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

please do a search on this site for "gunsmith school". This topic has been pounded to death.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

In the gunsmithing forum under a current thread question this topic is likely to come up soon.

4. nicoc4776

nicoc4776 New Member

im looking at lassen community college and trinidad state. from what i understand trinidad only accepts 15 studends that apply. so i need to try and pick a few fall back schools. are these ones good? any better ones?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I really couldn't tell you. A campus school was not in the books for me.

6. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

From what I have heard lassen community college has a very well known gunsmithing program. I am planning on attending this school shortly and thankfully it is only about 2 hours away from where I live.
    It would be pretty cool taking the course with another firearms talk member. Let me know how it's going.

7. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

Check out Murray State College in Tishomingo, OK. They have a two year program and several NRA affiliated programs.

8. dougdoty

dougdoty New Member

Gunsmithing school

I too have heard that Lassen Community College is a great school for gunsmithing.

9. KABAR2

KABAR2 New Member

10. nicoc4776

nicoc4776 New Member

is it true that they only accept 15 students into the program?

11. huntr2216

huntr2216 New Member

i actually went to colorado school of trades. it is a great school and you learn alot. the owner is a prick but the instructors are awesome. i would reccomend it to anyone that likes to work on guns 8 hrs a day for over a year and not have to take other classes

12. blueshield67

blueshield67 New Member

I have been talking to alot of people on here about this subject as well as local gunsmiths. Let me start by saying unless you wake up every morning thinking about weapons you may want to reconsider because it is a long tedious road to make it a good paying career where a second isnt necessary to make ends meet and takes great passion for weapons to do so. Colorado is where everybody has advised me to go due to its history and consistently awesome program. Good luck!