Best story I've seen in, well maybe forever.

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by TankTop, Jan 17, 2014.

1. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think that's very odd, indeed, but definitely did not escalate the situation.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

We have similar outcomes all the time. Knucklehead holding a Polish hostage, but not threatening. We determine there is not threat to anyone. Time to go.

And what, you ask, is a Polish hostage? Holding himself hostage. Think Blazing Saddles Cleavon Little.

4. TankTop

I think these stories deserve more attention but also admire the fact they don't get it and these individuals get to maintain a level of self respect.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Sounds like a positive LEO encounter...

Should see more stories like this.

Standing policy in my home is NO 911 period...

Tack

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  6. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

[​IMG]

7. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I agree with the first part but you lost me on that last bit. There is no loss of self-respect in declining an invitation to fight when the doofus is outmanned and outgunned and doesn't have the brains to know it.

To follow on RoboCop's movie analogies, think Monty Python - The Black Knight.

In fact, I like it so much I found a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  8. TankTop

Some of these guys coming back from war didn't handle it as well as others but they still deserve honor and respect. And yes, some of them are really stupid but let's try to avoid publishing their names so that maybe they can live long enough to get some help and not be remembered for their stupidity.

9. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Well done by the cops.

10. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I agree this was a smart move insyead of freaking the guy out they backed off and let him calm down. No one got hurt and no ones dead always good in my book

11. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Right, of course. Absolutely.

Vets up here have formed some sort of national self-help group with no government attachment or assistance. I thought it was a great idea and expect they will have better results than any gov't "program".

12. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Same thing happen here in tx. My friends mother, who worked at remax, was stabbed by her recently divorced ex husband and died. He fled and police tracked him down to a home he had barricaded himself in. He fired at police, even managed to shoot himself 5 Times. The whole time he shot at the cops that didn't shoot one bullet. They hit him with tear gas and he finally surrendered. I'm glad they caught him alive so now he can suffer the same way my friend is.