Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
In my humble opinion, I would say a S&W from the 1950's.

Now for today's models, I still think a S&W is second only to the Korth.

·
Administrator
26,166 Posts
While I DO like my old S&W Mdl 36, and it may not be what you think of as a "snubbie"- my Dan Wesson 15-2 with a 2 inch bbl has the BEST trigger of any of my revolvers.

·
FAA licensed bugsmasher
7,141 Posts
For a gun that you'll find in the case at your LGS tomorrow, I find the LCR has a pretty darn nice trigger.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'm biased but I would say the early 66s were top notch. I've even replaced the hammer springs in mine with a slightly lighter Wolfe and they are like butter now.

·
Premium Member
14,212 Posts
Out of box new model is the LCR. A tuned S&W or Ruger can be very nice. My SP101 has a very nice trigger but it has been worked over. Older K frames had a very nice trigger.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
A 2.5" Python would blow them all away hands-down, but they are incredibly hard to find and incredibly expensive.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
A 2.5" Python would blow them all away hands-down, but they are incredibly hard to find and incredibly expensive.
The Python is probably the most beautiful revolver ever made IMO. Trigger pull on single action was great, but double action pull would stack (get heavier) prior to release, unlike a straight even pull of a S&W.

Jim.........

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The sweetest snubbie I've ever shot was my dad's 2nd Series Colt Detective Special. Maybe not as light as a Python, but pretty close.
Modern/current production? Start with a S&W.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I would buy what you want and have a trigger job done on it, the cost is not that much. A guy around the corner did one for a buddy in about an hour for $75 while we waited. Felt great, slick as glass and just a little lighter, well worth the money.

·
Registered
140 Posts
From my own personal experience in actually shooting a good number of rounds through my girlfriends LCR in 38 Special, I'd have to say it has the smoothest DA trigger pull I've ever experience from a stock revolver. It rivals the trigger pull on some of my revolvers that have been worked over. I don't know if all LCR's have such a nice trigger, but her's is butter-smooth.

Don <><

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I have a 26 year old taurus 85 SS that has a 6lb da trigger pull After a wolf spring and a cleanup some polishing it now breaks at 41/2lb DA. 2 1/2LB SA. Best trigger on any revolver.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts