Best snubbie trigger?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by circa81, Jun 15, 2012.

1. circa81

circa81 New Member

What model of a 38 or 357 snubbie would you say has the best out of the box trigger?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

In my humble opinion, I would say a S&W from the 1950's.

Now for today's models, I still think a S&W is second only to the Korth.

3. circa81

circa81 New Member

Any specific current model?

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

My s&w m60 was the best stock trigger I've ever had.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

While I DO like my old S&W Mdl 36, and it may not be what you think of as a "snubbie"- my Dan Wesson 15-2 with a 2 inch bbl has the BEST trigger of any of my revolvers.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

For a gun that you'll find in the case at your LGS tomorrow, I find the LCR has a pretty darn nice trigger.

7. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

The older K Frame Smiths in my opinion had the best triggers..

Jim........

8. hogdoc357

hogdoc357 New Member

By far, the best trigger press of a snub is the Ruger LCR, imho :)

9. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Ive not tried a lcr but the best snubbie i ever shot was a s&w chief's special .38. Best trigger ever.

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'm biased but I would say the early 66s were top notch. I've even replaced the hammer springs in mine with a slightly lighter Wolfe and they are like butter now.

[​IMG]

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Out of box new model is the LCR. A tuned S&W or Ruger can be very nice. My SP101 has a very nice trigger but it has been worked over. Older K frames had a very nice trigger.

12. gilfo

gilfo Member

+1 on the LCR by far.

13. Olympus

Olympus New Member

A 2.5" Python would blow them all away hands-down, but they are incredibly hard to find and incredibly expensive.

14. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

The Python is probably the most beautiful revolver ever made IMO. Trigger pull on single action was great, but double action pull would stack (get heavier) prior to release, unlike a straight even pull of a S&W.

Jim.........

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The 627 Bloodwork from the S&W Performance Center would also put many to shame.

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

The sweetest snubbie I've ever shot was my dad's 2nd Series Colt Detective Special. Maybe not as light as a Python, but pretty close.
    Modern/current production? Start with a S&W.

17. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I would buy what you want and have a trigger job done on it, the cost is not that much. A guy around the corner did one for a buddy in about an hour for $75 while we waited. Felt great, slick as glass and just a little lighter, well worth the money.

18. genesis

genesis New Member

From my own personal experience in actually shooting a good number of rounds through my girlfriends LCR in 38 Special, I'd have to say it has the smoothest DA trigger pull I've ever experience from a stock revolver. It rivals the trigger pull on some of my revolvers that have been worked over. I don't know if all LCR's have such a nice trigger, but her's is butter-smooth.

Don <><

19. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I have a 26 year old taurus 85 SS that has a 6lb da trigger pull After a wolf spring and a cleanup some polishing it now breaks at 41/2lb DA. 2 1/2LB SA. Best trigger on any revolver.

20. reloader97

reloader97 New Member

Either detective special or lcr