Best Shotgun Maker?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Ploofy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I'm talking about the best of the best. The guns that look like a piece of art, but will last 3 generations down the line of shooting every weekend. What brand do you guys think makes the absolute finest shotguns? I gotta go with Benelli, the Italians make great guns. Your guys' votes?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Holland and Holland. Hands down.

No finer craftsmanship, no finer design flair, no finer history of making the best of the best.

/thread.

JD

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

H & H was founded in 1835 and they made their name on top quality, gorgeous firearms that could flat get the hunting job done every single day sense then.

They have been taken on some of the most dangerous hunts by Kings, Princes, Presidents and Captians of Industry for well over 150 years.

When it comes to absolutely the best, hand built, custom etched/engraved "show piece' that will drop a lion, tiger or bear Oh My, you go to Holland & Holland, or you go for second place.

JD

5. bullethole

bullethole New Member

benelli , hands down the best!

6. natman

natman Member

7. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

8. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

Based on your criteria, I would go with the Benelli. Shooting every weekend, not happening with me if I owned a $25K gun...:eek: Not sure the Benelli will last 3 generations, but it should last a person a lifetime and that would be enough for me.

Jimmy

9. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

10. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

As far as one you can afford? Browning and Winchester make some pretty nice shotguns that I would be proud to pass down a couple generations if taken care of properly.

11. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Ah, I see. Thanks. :eek:

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

H&H, Purdey, Merkel.

Benneli is not allowed in the same room with them. Also take a look at a Diana Grade Browning. It is allowed to stand at the door of the room that the BEST shotguns are in, and peek at them.

However, some of those first 3 I listed sell for more than a small helicopter.