Best setup for m&p 40 fullsize?

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by MountainMan864, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MountainMan864

MountainMan864 New Member

Trying to trick my pistol out a little bit. I want some opinions on which fiber optic sights to use and a good flashlight to use. I am currently looking at the tru glo tfo sights. Yellow rear green front. As for the flashlight I'm thinking about the streamlight tlr1s or the tlr1hl. Don't know if the hl version is over kill. Only like twenty bucks more. Any opinions or comments? I have three magazines for my pistol too and lots of ammo.

2. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

3. MountainMan864

I'm going through my LGS to purchase the sights. He recommended tru glo over hiviz.

4. kalepas

kalepas New Member

Just Put on the TLR-1 HL. No Such thing as over kill on a flashlight! Can light up the neighborhood w this thing!!

Attached Files:

5. MountainMan864

That is what I was thinking. Only twenty bucks more and twice the lumens.'i am just wondering how hot the thing gets. Will it melt kydex? Will I be burned on it? Will it deform the plastic part of my pistol? It does have a hot message on it for a reason prob. I thought my 132 lumen led maglite was bright as hell.

6. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Scratch the streamlight idea and look up the inforce apl. Its 200 lumens but has a higher candela. The mounting system along with the light weight of the light and shorter size makes it ideal for just about any use. I prefer it 10 fold over my tlr2s or my surefire.

7. kalepas

kalepas New Member

In regards to it being to hot I did consider that. I look at it this way though, in what situation would I ever need it on for more than maybe five minutes? Maybe when I am walking to my deer blind in the morning, but in a personal defense situation u can't beat those lumens. Blinding! I can't see it melting the plastic, the bulb itself on the TRL extends out past the polymer frame. Was only 130 shipped two days from my house from tacticalgear.com.

8. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

9. MountainMan864

Don't like the look of that one. I can light up my whole house with my 134 lumen led maglite.'