best semiauto for the money

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by glock219, Sep 29, 2012.

1. glock219

glock219 New Member

Looking for a semi auto for home defense, any suggestions? But must have good accessories.

2. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I am not sure what you mean by good accessories.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

IMHO, the best "for the money" is the Remington 1100.

The best, without regard to cost is the Benelli.

4. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

The mossberg 930 non spx models.

5. RemFire

RemFire New Member

I sure like mine :cool: .

[​IMG]

TONS of "good accessories" about for them to. Mine has been built on considerably, as it was just the 24" Turkey model. It's got the extended XX-F choke in the pic but with a flush one should still be a manageable HD gun?. 10 shot(11 with ghost load) capacity with the Nordic extension to.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

imo the mossberg 930 is the best for the $$$. other than smooth shooting, i'm not overly impressed with the benelli.

mossbergs do anything the rest will do, and cost less.

7. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

8. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I don't know what accessories you want for a shotgun other than a light to make sure you aren't shooting your drunk relative.

9. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

The Saiga 12 gauge is my favorite semi. A couple of 10 round mags and your ready for action! I am a huge lover of the ak platform so its only natural that it is my favorite semiauto shotgun.

10. akers06

akers06 New Member

For the money the STOEGER m3500 is the best semi auto on the market

11. Carpshooter

Carpshooter New Member

Here's what I think !

I like Remingtons , such as the 1187 ( which is an improved 1100 ) or if you can find an 1100 , go for it ! ;)

12. akers06

akers06 New Member

In my opinion man the 1187 ain't half the gun a good older 1100 is and I am completely unbiased on that bc I'm not a remington fan at all

13. akers06

akers06 New Member

Also I think remingtons have already made their best guns....they have gone downhill in the last ten years

14. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I agree the older 1100s were sweet. I own a Duck Unlimited 11-87 and a Baretta 391 Tgt gun - neither are SD guns.

Why am I bothering to write ? Cause the Remington's gas system, while proven, is dated compared to Baretta.

SD guns should be 100% reliable. If your going to bet your life on it daily, buy the same gun the Marines did. However, if your just going to load the tube & put it in the closet until needed, then an 870 is the standard by which all pumps are judged. (for good reason)

Everybody & their dog makes accessories for it as well.

Note: pumps are only as reliable as their owners - practice, practice, practice. Short shucking can happen.

The sound alone ( racking a shell into the chamber) can put the fear of God into people.