Best Scope for Savage Mark II

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sternlih, Jan 30, 2008.

1. sternlih

sternlih New Member

What is a good, but inexpensive scope for a Savage Mark II. I just do target shooting.

2. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

3. NateCJ5

NateCJ5 New Member

I just got a cheap Tasco 3-9x40 on my Savage 93 and equaly cheap Simmons 3-9x40 on my Ruger96 and I'm happy with them.

4. Catfish

Catfish New Member

When it come to scope there is no good scope that is cheap, you get what you pay for, or at least you can`t get it without paying for it. I have guns that have scope on them that cost more than the gun. Best advice is to get the best you can afford.

5. tarheel101

tarheel101 New Member

Weaver 4x closeouts at Natchez

The best deal I've come across lately are some Weaver 4x32 shot gun scopes at Natchez Shooter Supply http://www.natchezss.com/.
    They are regular duplex reticles and the paralax is set at 50 yards so it's pefect for a .22. Normally retail for about $250 going for $79.95.

Good shootin'
    Tarheel

6. 308sc

308sc New Member

Simmons Whitetail Classic at midwayusa

7. raj656

raj656 New Member

Weaver V22A scopes

I have a couple of Weaver V22A scopes mounted on my Winchester 77s. Great scopes and they are not that expensive buying them on eBay. :p

8. Yaknow

Yaknow New Member

Cheap scope for .22

Have you looked at/read reviews for the BSA Sweet 16? I'm new to scope shooting having just bought a Savage Mark II w. a 3-9x42 Bushnell. Have not tried it out yet--wanting to get a bench rest 1st for it & my other rifles. The BSA is only $60 @ Dick's & has BDC out to 175 yds. Can get it in 3-9 or 6-18 powers. You can get more costly BSAs (about 2x as much) online that have BDC I'm told out to 200 yds. BSA says its 3 turrets are set for 36, 38 & 40 grain bullets. If it all works that would be a heck of a scope for $60 or $150.

9. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

I put a Bushnell 5-15 trophy mil dot on My savage MKII and I realy like it . It has an adjustable paralax from 10 Meeters to infinity.
    Any scope that you get for a 22 should be either made for a 22 or have the adjustable Objective or ( paralax).
    My 2 cents F.K.

10. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I've got some no name 4x scope on the Mark II that I bought at Dicks as a package. I can put up some pretty good groups on paper. My boy and I have taken to shooting paintballs at 50 yards. With a good hold it is no problem.

On my BV, I have a Centerpoint 4-16x I got from Wal-Mart for $70. Same results with that scope. Until either scope lets me down in some way, I see no reason to spend more on an expensive scope. It's not like the .22 round has a heavy recoil to jar the scope. They probably take worse riding in the cases on the way to our shooting range.

11. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

The cheaper Simmons, Tasco, or Bushnell scopes are all you need for a .22. A fixed 4X32 mm or 3X9X32 mm with low mount rings will produce a flatter trajectory than your 40-42 mm lenses that require taller rings. ;)

12. Poink88

Poink88 New Member