Best scope for remington 700 .270?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by shootinfool, Jun 17, 2012.

1. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

I recently bought a remington 700 sps .270 and was wondering what scope i should buy. I had a tasco on it and its a piece of sh!t. I am looking for a nikon or luepold. My limit is about 350. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

check out the Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40. it's the one i am going to put on my M700 in 270 to replace the 3-9x40 it has now. they can be had for less than $200 or even less if on sale. i had one on my M700 in 25-06, and they are a good decent scope for the price.

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Redfield is made by leupold and they are a great scope. I bought my 4-12x40's for $215 I think it was at bass pro.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Shootin,

I am a Leupold man but in that price range I will suggest a scope that is of great quality and great for the price. You might want to check into Cabelas Alaskan Guide Series in the 30mm diameter tube. If you have never used a 30mm tubed rifle scope it will spoil you! And gets great light. I have one on one of my rifles and have been very pleased. My advise is to check them out. They field tested their durability in Alaska when designing them is what I was told. The guides I am sure gave them a test regarding the environment and geography of Alaska. Well in your price range and they have solid click adjustments over the friction adjustments that some of the new lesser cost Leupolds have :D

5. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

Thanks everyone, i will check out all of the above. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

6. Axxe55

i think that the price range you have set, you will find many fine choices for a scope. try out many until you find one that suits your needs. good luck.

7. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Burris

4x14x42 or 3x9x40 Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex. Either would be nice on a .270.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  8. Werminator

Werminator Member

You might also spend some time shopping Amazon. I don't normally like trolling there but in many cases it allows for a wider field of feedback from folks who have used those products...

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I got that one from midway when on specials for $150 if im not mistaken. Its a great lens.. very worthy

10. Axxe55

very good price. i gave $200 for mine last year. MidwayUSA is a good place to shop for anything firearms. their customer service is great, fast shipping and decent prices. they generally have reviews about products from actual customers, which has helped me when making a decision about a product. i am fixing to order two scope from them for a couple of rifles. it will be te first time i have ever bought a scope mailorder!

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

True! Only downside is.. sometimes i missed their coupon deals. Btw.. they have offer goin on and ends tonight. Not sure if u are aware of it tho.

12. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

Thanks guys. Im about to check amazon and midway. Preciate it.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Check out opticsplanet too

14. Axxe55

check out MidwayUSA, as i highly recommend them. they are my first choice when buying firearm related items.

Okdonk, i signed up for their email ads. so i get pretty quick info on sales and sale items. might check into it.

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

You have to like the page and find the link. They will email you the code.

Attached Files:

16. WhelanLad

WhelanLad New Member

Loopy VXII 3-9x50 or a 4-12x50 .
    I use the former on my sps270.