best ruger 10/22 mods

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by whodat930, Apr 24, 2012.

1. whodat930

whodat930 New Member

I have added new stock new scope and new paint looking for more mods

ForumRunner_20120424_161144.jpg

Attached Files:

2. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

+1 on #1 Trigger Job. Volquartsen Hammer Kit MINIMUM!

4. whodat930

whodat930 New Member

What about making barrel shorter will that effect accuracy

5. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

yes it will and not in a good way

6. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Depends on how short.

And It may earn you a vacation at Club Fed.

8. HowieHW

HowieHW New Member

I've recently modified my 10/22 by buying a few things off of ebay. The first thing was the previously mentioned buffer that prevents the bolt from slamming back into the stop. It made the gun have less recoil (go ahead, how much does a .22 jump, LOL). The second was an extender to release the magazine. Which made a difference in dropping the magazine to pull a latch forward than to search for the release with a fat thumb. Lastly, instead of using a dremmel to modify the catch that hold the bolt open, I bout the aftermarket latch that instead of pulling the bolt back and fumbling with the catch release, I just pull the bolt back and let it slam forward.

I really love my childhood 10/22 and make sure I use the appropriate slide glide when I clean it. (something I never did when I just ran an oiled cloth through the barrel when I cleaned it as a kid).

I'm tinkering around with a red dot reticle sight, but still am more proficient shooting with the iron sights I grew up shooting with for 25 years.

Everyone should have a ruger 10/22.

9. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

I just bought my 10-22 yesterday, brand new. I shot it today and have no problem with the trigger. I think the complete travel is less than 1/4 inch. But im used to a long ak47 trigger pull so my opinion may be useless. I was blowing out 2" bullseyes at 25yds after I got my sights adjusted.

Ive seen the concept of shortening the trigger pull your self, then drilling and tapping for an overtravel screw on the trigger. I love to tinker so this sounds like fun, but how much does a fraction of an inch really matter?

This is my first rimfire and I love it. Any cheap suggestions?

10. NickySantoro

NickySantoro New Member

Power Custom hammer/sear kit

11. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I have seen a video somewhere or read about a special 10/22 barrel that shoots crosbow bolts with .22lr blanks,and it shoots these bolts faster than the fastest crossbow in the world.

12. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

the trigger matters a bunch built a few 10 22s and trigger mod is the first thing i would do @ 25 yds with iron group should be less than .5 in. if not a ragged hole

13. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

there is allways someone with more money than brains

14. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I just my 10/22 a couple of days ago. I haven't shot it yet though! So everybody is saying change the trigger for the first mod. Is it hard to do? I own handguns which are pretty easy to take apart. Hopefully the 10/22 will be easy! Any suggestions on a different stock?