Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
There's a thread on this already mon ami but 215 yards on a squirrel w my marlin 882 ss 22 mag

·
Registered
166 Posts
]22 lr I hit a water bottle at 115 yards bipod and scope

But 7.62 54r is 234 yards Iron sites no bipod and
Hit a 2 Leader bottle of soda[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
]22 lr I hit a water bottle at 115 yards bipod and scope

But 7.62 54r is 234 yards Iron sites no bipod and
Hit a 2 Leader bottle of soda
[/QUOTE]

That's not bad shooting but pretty easy to do w a good accurate 22

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Ah ok. Makes sense then. Who's your friend?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Last week i hit a 12x10 steel plate at about 175 yards with my marlin 5 shots in a row. Not to impressive but the drop was at least a foot lol.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Last week i hit a 12x10 steel plate at about 175 yards with my marlin 5 shots in a row. Not to impressive but the drop was at least a foot lol.
22 lr I'm guessing

·
Registered
228 Posts
I shot a house wren flying through the air once on the first try. I had to spin around and shoot behind where I had been standing to do it too. I made the feathers fly but I didn't bring it down but it clearly died somewhere because it never went back to the nest it made in my attic. I had killed it's mate and it got smart and wouldn't land anywhere on it's way into the attic. My house had just been built and the eave wasn't finished quite yet. The soffit had not been installed yet. I hate to shoot any bird but I hate bird mites even worse. Those things will make you crazy if you get an infestation and I wasn't going to let that happen to a new house. I shot it with my trusty Marlin 60. It was about 24 years ago so who knows what ammo I used.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I don't know if it's a best shot but a buddy of mine and me got to shooting at mints glued to a cardboard box at 100 yards. We tried doing aspirin at 50 and that was just nuts! I did hit one or two but it took a few tries.:eek:

·
Banned
14,919 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
An FTF member brought out the following challenge: 95% of the public can't hit a pack of cigarettes @ 25 yds. (Handgun)

To be honest, I haven't tried it but as soon as I can find an empty pack - I intend to try ! :).

Bobski: Your already in the 5% - Nice shooting...

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
An FTF member brought out the following challenge: 95% of the public can't hit a pack of cigarettes @ 25 yds. (Handgun)

To be honest, I haven't tried it but as soon as I can find an empty pack - I intend to try ! :).

Does this have to be a .22 handgun? I'm at my mom's out in the country, and I happen to have my pistol... No cigarettes, but my parents dip, so I can get a dip can...

·
Banned
14,919 Posts

Did you see my boys attempt to strike a match with a bullet from 25 yards? I posted video. They weren't quite successful, but it was only the first attempt and we got cold and went in. A pack of cigs would be easy, but we don't have any around. I mentioned on that other thread that the boys can cut a card in half edgewise with a .22 at 20-25 yards pretty easily. Hitting a playing card face on should be about the same as a pack of cigs, isn't it?

I need to make a camera mount so that I can place my camera downrange to get video.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I like to put water bottles out at 125 yds. and hit them. Anyone can do it, but its fun when you can hit it a few times in a row.

I like splitting pen/pencils. I set them up at about 25 yards stuck in the mud. It's a good time.

My one best shot was a shotgun shell at about 75 yards. CCI mini mags.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts