Best place to purchase firearms?

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Gunsmith65, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Gunsmith65

Gunsmith65 New Member

I am interested in where other FFL holders feel the best distributors are.

To break it down, (or put in any catagory you wish):

Long Rifle
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    Specialty

I am a new FFL holder and business owner in Eastern Oregon. While I have a few places like Jerry's, Zanders, Lipsys, etc, I would like to have a better selection/idea based on other FFL holders opinions.

Thanks

GS

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Welcome to the Forum -

Kesselring's Gun Shop usually has decent prices on long-guns and shotguns, though those prices have gone up since November as you can imagine.

I get the best prices on my pistols from: george@migunslingers.com
    George is very knowledgable and always gets right back to me.

"Specialty" is usally whoever has it in stock when the customer in question "Needs it Now"....

Hope that helps a bit -

JD

3. Gunsmith65

Gunsmith65 New Member

Thanks for the reply and link.

Any source is great but I was thinking more in the area of wholesale distributors rather than retail. Unless of course the retail has dealer discounts that are comparable to distributor prices.

Either way, that was a site I hadn't seen before. Thanks Dillinger for the welcome and the link.

GS

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

George at MI Gunslingers always has the lowest prices on pistols that I search for and buy. He has several "master" dealer programs that he participates in....

Kesselrings - not so much, but they usually have stuff in stock and it's usually decent prices for these parts. *shrug*

Best of luck!

JD

5. Speedsteel

Speedsteel New Member

Gunsmith65

Get a copy of Shooting Industry, FMG publications, wwwshootingindustry
    lists of All distributers, manufactures, and everyone in the industry it seems.

RSR, Davidsons, Sports South, Bill Hicks, Accusport, Bangers,
    Ellett Bros.:D

6. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

I am very happy with Davidson's. They are a little more expensive but there customer service is top notch. RSR is also good. Jerry's website is never up to date so you cant order anything online and for that reason I don't use them very often.

7. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

You got a website for Davidson's??

I'm using Sports South, Inc as my primary supplier...

Home

They sent me a "bullet" 1GB USB Thumbdrive with their exclusive inventory software AND a separate electronic A/D software... FREE!! Just for asking for it!

8. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

If you get affiliated with Davidson's they will give you the dealer website.

9. TexasCHL

TexasCHL New Member

Good list... another one to add to it is Valor.