"Best" place to buy your guns?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Kamarathin, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Where do you folks go to buy your guns?

My locals are a bit pricey shen compared to local gun shows, but I worry about quality at the shows and I'm completely unfamiliar with the online markets.

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

While I have a couple of LGS's that I support (one is getting ready to dedicate the new C3 Wing of their shop) I collect older Mossberg and Remington 22 rifles- mainly from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Those can be hard to find in good shape. I have a C&R FFL, so if I can find them on auctionarms or gunbroker, and the seller has good feedback, I buy there.

For me, most gun shows are a dissapointment. Have bought one gun in the last 6 shows (nice Marlin 39A from 1954) However, in some areas, gun shows are the way to go. In others, there are good flea market finds. In a military town, I LOVED crusing the pawn shops (Columbus GA must have a hundred pawn shops, think they all have a FFL).

Really will depend on where you are.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The guy up the street! :D
    I get my best deals there.... I traded a Remington 870 for a Medusa, and a SKS for a M1903... Gawd! I love AZ!!

5. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Thanks texaswoodworker!

6. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

I'm in Houston

7. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Ha! Nice.
    ;-)

8. texaswoodworker

Now thats just not fair. :D If I'm ever in AZ, I'll have to pay your gun guy a visit.

9. texaswoodworker

Your Welcome. :)

10. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

I go to j g sales and walmart I've been to j g sales a couple times I got my 91 30 there gun was as described I have had absolutely no problems with them whatsoever they are mostly a online store it's confusing to get there but they have pretty good stuff for me in store

11. littlejimmy

littlejimmy New Member

I always check Centerfire Systems, also.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i prefer my LGS or the pawn shop in town for most of my firearms. my LGS usually sells for way under MSRP on his firearms and will special order anything he doesn't normally stock, and gives me a decent price break if i buy multiple items from him. the pawn shop i buy from is where i look for used firearms that sometimes need a makeover. the last few gun shows that i attended in my area were disappointing to say the least. most people wanted new prices for used firearms and wouldn't budge much on the price. also new firearm prices were inflated way more than normal.

13. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

I might have to go up to your LGS, you're only a couple hours from me. :)

14. mtbfarms

mtbfarms New Member

I always try to give the small local guy a chance before I buy from a big online distributor (nothing wrong with the big guys, just want the small guys stay in business). Now if it's a custom build Freedom gunworks is the place to check out.

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

PM me and i will give you the name and number. he would be worth the drive up here.