Best pistol of 2009

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by WDB, Sep 30, 2009.

1. WDB

WDB New Member

With 2009 in the last quarter let’s get a jump on the best pistol of the year before the gun magazines and the interweb tells us what it is. It doesn’t have to be new to 2009 but should be what you consider advancement to pistols in the past few years and may be picked by those that print “best gun of the year” articles.

So what is your pick for best pistol of 2009?

Here's mine

While I don’t own one I have shot one and think it will be my next purchase. I vote for the Ruger LCR, It is the best thing to happen to a wheel gun in years. Light weight, dependable and great for carry. For more info check out Ruger LCRâ„¢ - Overview

Attached Files:

2. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

1911, stainless.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

doubletap, sorry

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

1927 Sistema Colt. Born 1959, reborn 2009. :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

For a wheelie gun I would have to indeed agree with the Ruger LCR choice. It is a fresh, new idea and it does handle and shoot sweet. :)

Jack

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Me being me, the 1911 will win best pistol every year IMHO. This being said, when you consider new and innovative in the equation, I think the LCR is a great choice.

A few weeks back when I was looking for a BUG, it came down to an LCR or a classic S&W Airweight. I really liked the LCR, but I'm just a sucker for the classic Smiths...

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Cz Spo1 phantom or XDM

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I wish the Ruger LCR had been available when I bought my wife's gun, then I might have gotten it instead of her S&W model 442. Either way she's well protected.

9. greenwolverine

greenwolverine New Member

Metal Storm

Hands down the most high tech pistol on the scene now........

The Metal Storm Variable Lethality Law Enforcement pistol is fully electronic and can fire three rounds in 1/500th of a second.

My opinion of course :)

10. greenwolverine

greenwolverine New Member

metal storm on youtube..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqW5bG2M3x4]YouTube - METAL STORM-worlds most powerful hand gun[/ame]

11. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I would agree with Ruger's LCR. I bought one about 7 months ago. It's light weight, and smooth to shoot.

Attached Files:

12. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Never heard of a born again pistol.
    praise the lord!

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I wonder if that one is on the Calif approved list.:rolleyes:

14. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I agree with the LCR. The metal storm is entertaining but can I buy one?

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Best pistol of 2009 is the same one as it was in 1911, 1912, 1913, ............

The dam 1911 would you guys get the hint and stop imbarassing yourselfs with all this idiot talk about other guns there is but one pistol the 1911.

God rested on the 8th day right? On the 9th god created the 1911 and it is perfect.

16. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

The Ruger LCR should take away the award for 2009. It is the first polymer revolver on the market, so because of that innovation, the Ruger company deserves some kudos for their work.

Ruger has set the standard when it comes to QC of the LCR, also. The setup of the work space where these revolvers are created is done in a "pod" type fashion. The raw material goes in, and later a finished LCR comes out. This process is avoiding the problems that come about when too many hands are on the product during manufacturing.

17. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

My vote goes to the Beretta Px4 Subcompact. I got one to replace my Mini Cougar and love it. It's the most accurate subcompact i've fired and my pinky finger really appreciates the Snap-Grip.