Best Multi-Pistol Range Bag?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by GlockBurg, Feb 17, 2013.

1. GlockBurg

GlockBurg New Member

First, let me say that I just joined this forum over 1 week ago and am a new handgun owner (first time ever). I purchased a Glock 26 and just purchased a SW M&P 22 today solely based on the posting I did asking for opinions yesterday on a 22. Needless to say, I find this forum VERY helpful and I am making purchases based on the advice given here. I am so glad to have this Forum! So I have another favor to ask…

Now that I have a G26 and a SW M&P 22 I need a range bag that can hold all my gear.. I like the army green/khaki colors like the one below… what say my Forum advisors?

[​IMG]

http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/coyote-range-bag-p12859.aspx

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

This is one of the better ones ive found. Its damn hard to beat at 50$. I simply love it. Tons of storage, two pistol rugs, stage bag, and a brass caddy. Lots of external storage pockets and roomy as hell. I can fit a chronograp, two pistols ammo hearing ptotection targets some tools and still have tons of room.

Http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

Highly recomend it. Comes in several colors including coyote

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013

3. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

I second midwayusa for their range bags. I have one in od green and I get asked about it all the time

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

That Coyote Range bag seems questionable to me. It looks as though if you pack multiple pistols in it there's a very good chance they could bump & rub against each other. It has a "Tacticool/Hollywood" vibe that makes me wonder as well. It's as if displaying all your stuff is more important than avoiding unnecessary wear & tear.
    I have one of the MidwayUSA Competition Range bags. Great deal. Though I suspect that it might be a bit big for your needs. It really is a large bag. I use it when I'm taking 4 or 5 different guns in varying calibers. There are a number of times I get by with a much smaller (Discontinued Dillon) bag.
    You might do well to consider the smaller version. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939167522/midwayusa-compact-competition-range-bag
    Get the Jumbo size when you have a few more guns to tote. Even then, you will continue to find the smaller bag useful at times. $.02

5. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I bought a midway bag and I love it. The construction is solid and they are roomy. I bought one bigger than I needed because bigger is better. You'll learn the same lesson when you buy a gun safe.

6. GlockBurg

GlockBurg New Member

Thank you for the advice

7. AR10

AR10 New Member

Sign up for amazon prime. $79 a year and free second day shipping, and free returns if you don't like something.

I have them ship me things almost daily.

For a range bag, I did not take my own advice. I went to Wal-Mart, and got a Stanley tool bag. Who would risk jail time stealing Stanley tools?

The whole world does not need to know your business as you move about, minding your own business.

The Stanley bag is built like a mac truck and has pockets inside and outside. Twelve bucks, twenty bucks, don't remember, but it was less than half price of the range bags Wal-Mart sells and does not advertise what I am doing.

8. Bullhammer83

Bullhammer83 New Member

OD green would be my preference.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

cept when you show up at the range with a stanley bag they may want you to repair the porta-a-potties... heh

10. Bullhammer83

Bullhammer83 New Member

I have an old steel toolbox that holds several pistols, spare mags, hundreds of rounds, eye protection, cleaning kit, boresighter, earplugs, small tools, first aid, holsters, etc. Heavy as hell but practically bulletproof. Plus, as an added bonus, it's totally inconspicuous. Makes me look like a tradesman. A plumber, for example.

11. GlockBurg

GlockBurg New Member

12. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

13. Malcap

Malcap Member

I have an I-Shot Bag which has many compartments and a removal interior bag to tote over to the firing points. It has multi compartments for mags. Mine has a two gun compartment with padding for each gun. It is a range bag and for that purpose. But it's in black. For smaller range bag you can get a Bailout Bag which is very reasonable price wise.

14. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

I have the BlackHawk range bag and it does a great job with 2 pistols and a bunch of other range gear. Reasonably priced too.

15. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

GPS Backpack range bag.

16. Malcap

Malcap Member

That's the Bailout Bag in Coyote color. I have Black. We use them at the range. My buddy chose OD because I kept grabbing his Black bag by mistake. We also put our moral patches on the side. A nice compact big which holds a lot of items. The price has ranged from 20.00 to almost 60.00 so look around a bit when shopping.

17. Malcap

Malcap Member

MSgt. Greg makes a good point with the Bailout Bag, which I do use weekly, is a compromise range bag. It was not specifically designed for range use but rather a bit more for utilitarian service. I don't usually put a pistol in the bag. But there is a "secret" pistol compartment in the bag which is accessed by pulling the panel away from the Velcro attachment. On occasion if I put a pistol in the main compartment, I just wrap a towel around it. The I-Shot bag is a genuine range bag with special padded compartments and removal pistol pads, but it is a very long bag. The Bailout Bags are reasonable enough pricewise to have a couple to keep one at home and maybe one filled with EDC items for the old SUV or Pickup or car.

18. Malcap

Malcap Member

MSgt. Greg makes a good point with the Bailout Bag, which I do use weekly, is a compromise range bag. It was not specifically designed for range use but rather a bit more for utilitarian service. I don't usually put a pistol in the bag. But there is a "secret" pistol compartment in the bag which is accessed by pulling the panel away from the Velcro attachment. On occasion if I put a pistol in the main compartment, I just wrap a towel around it. The I-Shot bag is a genuine range bag with special padded compartments and removal pistol pads, but it is a very long bag. The Bailout Bags are reasonable enough pricewise to have a couple to keep one at home and maybe one filled with EDC items for the old SUV or Pickup or car. ON THE OTHER HAND: Some gun range enthusiasts eschew any luggage that may indicate "I have a gun." and do use tool style bags to carry their equipment and some use backpacks. This is not usual in an urban environment.

19. AzShooter

AzShooter Member

LAPOLICEGEAR has some great bags and are pretty inexpensive

20. Malcap

Malcap Member

That's the Bailout Bag you bought for twenty bucks. Hard to beat the price. It will last a long time.