Best movie for revolvers?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by circa81, May 21, 2012.

1. circa81

circa81 New Member

which film do you think had the best portrayal of double action revolvers?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Toon_Revolver_Prop.jpg

It is about as technically accurate as MOST movies, but at least Jessica is HOT!

3. Vincine

Vincine New Member

“And the award for best portrayal of a revolver in an action movie goes to: ________________. ”

(I thought 'Decker's' gun in 'Blade Runner' was pretty realistic.)

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

DIrty harry obviously, its soooo realistic

5. mcb

mcb New Member

My favorite is the Dirty Harry sequel Magnum Force. The bad guys had Colt Pythons.

In one scene the bad guy put a silencer on a 357 mag revolver.

6. GunSavvyTeen

GunSavvyTeen New Member

That's my favorite part. I tried explaining that to a friend but it didn't work out.

7. GunSavvyTeen

GunSavvyTeen New Member

In retrospect nobody really ever shoots in DA in the Dirty Harry movies.

8. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Lol.. I was trying to find some video last night when this thread was started of the scene when the "dum dum" round smashes the whiskey bottle with a tomahawk.

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Dirty Harry for revolvers. Steve McQueen for shotguns. John Wayne for being John Wayne. :D

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Hellboy samaritan

Attached Files:

11. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

the movie "Faster"with the rock he had a ruger super redhawk alaskan.

12. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

That was a bad azz movie. Bad azz wheel gun. Sheew 454.....

13. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

yah i almost want one but i would take the 44mag i think.

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

44 is a great round, I agree with you on getting that. I would get one in 454 as well, just to have one haha. The different loadings for it are great. But not in a 2 inch barrel......

15. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

It would be the old black and white cowboy movies hands down, let me explain!

Those dudes knew how to get more "bang" out of their buck from their revolvers ammunition while increasing ammo performance and accuracy. We today in the modern age would do well to improve our performance to the standards of our cowboy ancestors.

Back in the day, to increase ballistic performance and accuracy traveling 40 MPH on horse back they "slung" their revolvers forward extremely fast toward their intended targets with great success!

If your not a history gun slinging exhibition buff, here's the finer points.

On horse back you gain an additional 40 MPH to the velocity of the projectile, that's why they always shot at the horses full speed and not a trot or gallop.

They also added allot of additional projectile velocity by the sling. Properly done as witnessed in many Roy Rogers / Lone Ranger black & whites... The arm (usually the right one) is lifted very high at the 12 o'clock position with revolver in hand. Then with a blur of a Bob Gibson fastball, it is flung forward to the POA, right before the POA is reached the centrifugal force generated retracts the index finger and engages the trigger press with highly accurate results.

If not for this ingenious technique, I doubt the West would have ever been won, therefore you and I probably wouldn't have been born and be here talking about how our forefathers were better shots than you and I and how we have a debt to old black & white cowboy movies.

So there you have it, history in a nut shell.

16. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

A Conecticutt Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Bob Wright

17. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The Dirty Harry movies came first to mind.

18. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Officer Sweet does when the bad guys are shooting with Harry at the police range.

19. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Dirty Harry was pretty good as far as making the revolvers look good is concerned, but he said he loads his Model 29 with "light specials", then fires at a bad guy and sends him flying thru the wall. Realism is not a strong point there.
    I kinda liked "Quigley Down Under", 'cuz he says "I don't have much use for revolvers", then wastes the BG. Then he says, "I said I don't have much use for a revolver. I never said I don't know how to use one". But then Quigley wasn't using a DA, so "never mind". But Krazy Kora was hot.

20. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

One seriously stupid use of a revolver was in the old "Barnaby (Barnababy) Jones flicks. One time a BG was shooting at Barnababy from about 100 yards away and missing, so Barnababy whipped out his snub-nose .38 from his coat pocket in a fast draw, fires immediately from the hip, and shoots the gun outta the BG's hand at 100 yards. Maybe his gun fired little Sidewinder missiles, or some kinda "meat-seeking" missile. :D