Best method to conceal Glock 19?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Sambo, May 29, 2007.

1. Sambo

Sambo New Member

I often carry my duty weapon when I'm off duty. It's a glock 19. Not a problem during cold climate weather, but now that it's warming up it's getting harder to conceal it. My T-shirts aren't tight but they are fitted. It have a pancake holster now but it sticks out to the side quite a bit. Any suggestions???
    (I'd carry a smaller weapon but i won't be able to re-qualify to carry it for a few months now)

2. guns4fun

guns4fun New Member

I like my FIST IWB #1A. I'd suggest getting looser fitting shirts too.

3. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

Try carry at 6 o clock the space in the small of your back does a lot to hide a larger pistol. Also fitted tees and anything bigger than a Kel-Tec .380 just don't mix. You might try a short sleeved button down shirt over your tee in the warm weather.

4. Sambo

Sambo New Member

I think i'm gonna pick up a left handed holster and wear it @ 6'clock so that i can reach for it with my right hand.

5. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

The Uncle Mike's Fanny Pack is not a terrible way to carry concealed!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  6. Spartan

Spartan New Member

Best Method to conceal a Glock 19

Give it to your friend and buy and XD

7. dogwalk

dogwalk New Member

Carrying a G-19 concealed

I carry the G-19 a lot but when it gets hot, my snubnosed 38 goes in my front pants pocket. Good luck and enjoy, Dogwalk

8. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

Try a Milt Sparks SUMMER SPECIAL IWB holster..often available from Brownells faster than Sparks Huge back-log.

Well made holster, secure and covers easily with no printing.

9. JNA

JNA New Member

Dont forget about the safety switch, dont want a buttock gone.

10. oldandslow

oldandslow New Member

sambo, 4/22/09

I live in the tropics so I know how you feel about warm weather carry. I like to carry IWB at 0400 in a Highnoon holster (Downunder or Public Secret model, check High Noon Holsters). Having the right shirt is the key. If you are informal an extra-size t-shirt works well, otherwise a polo or golf type shirt or Hawaiian print type shirt works well. A Glock 19 should conceal pretty well ( I have one also). And last but not least there is always the waist pack option if you live in an area where it will blend in (check out the pistol packs at Concealment Shooting Equipment Handgun Gun Cases. The darker colored nylon packs work well). Good luck in your search.

best wishes- oldandslow

11. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Inside the Waist Band Holster. I like the Galco Scout.

Maxpedition Versapak is a good way to carry equipment if you decide a holster carry won't work for you.

12. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Best method to conceal Glock 19?

Very carefully...

13. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I bought this for my M&P 40 and it works great for me. Its very comfortable and easily concealed under a one-size-larger-than-normal shirt. If anything, it gives you an excuse to buy a small wardrobe of your favorite sports team shirts :cool:.

[​IMG]

14. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Ah!! That looks like the Galco Summer Comfort! It is what I carry my Colt Government in all year. Very comfortable.

15. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Yes, yes it is. :cool:

I can't find it anywhere in tan now, just black.

Mine is just getting into the sweet spot of being worn in. I love it.

16. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I have a Bianchi similar to yours. It's comfortable, but I don't like carrying my heavy CZ75 all the time.

17. CastleKing

CastleKing New Member

How do the Galco holsters do with sweat in the summer time? I live in MO where the summers are steamy and humid. I'm trying to decide between Kydex and leather, but I'm afraid leather will get soaked iwth sweat in a month or two around here.

18. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Ive never had a problem with my Galco dealing with sweat. And we get some pretty humid summers here.

Sometimes when its really hot, my holster isn't uncomfortable, but I feel releaved when I get home to take it off. But thats only after I've been wearing it from dawn till dusk.

19. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Leave it at home, locked in the case? :D

20. GlockBlockinMama

GlockBlockinMama New Member

Nice gift

I gave my boyfriend a Woolrich shirt with the conceal pockets sewn into the chest, and a large split at the waist for easier sidearm access.

The pockets do not work for his P226, but you can easily hide my compact Glock. It definitely makes fitting into a crowd easier.