Best holster for concealment ?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by strombeck, Aug 3, 2012.

1. strombeck

strombeck New Member

Just wanted to get some of your guys take on what holsters you like the best for concealment? What do you feel is the most comfortable, easiest to access, etc?

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What firearm?
    How to you plan on concealing?
    Where do you plan on wearing your weapon?

I have a few different rigs depending on how I plan on CC. You'd probably need to be more specific...

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

That's a wide open question. It's kind of like saying what's the best pizza? You'll get 50k different answers. Personally, I like my crossbreed for my M&P9C, but it will vary.

4. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

I will have to with drvsafe, more info a must....

5. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

This is a complicated subject.

Each individual's physiology is different. What might fit one body type may fail miserably in another.

The clock postion ( one o'clock, two o'clock, etc.) can make a world of difference in how a particular rig conceals.

The degree of cant employed can make a big difference in how well a grip can be concealed.

As you can see, there are a lot of "ifs, ands, or buts" to take into account.

Personally, I have great success carrying a full size XD-40 in a CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe IWB holster suspended with a quality Beltman horsehide belt at the 3:00 position with full forward cant.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The best concealment holster for me is an IWB, and thats with a fullsize 1911

7. 25-5

25-5 New Member

For my 1911 I use an IWB by White Hat Holster. You can set your own clock & cant.

8. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Nothing else to add

9. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

I live in Vegas.

Hot as hell in summer, cold and windy in the winter.

Crossbreed supertuck (horsehide) with either my full size M&P or Compact M&P.

I wear it everyday, everywhere. The only time I am not carrying is while in the shower or bed.

No other holster has worked this well for comfort and concealment. All the way down to shorts and a tee shirt. And I have a drawer full.
    Once I bought the supertuck, the holster drawer stayed shut.

10. danolator

danolator New Member

Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB. Simply Rugged for OWB.

11. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

I use the same. Plus, the kydex shell interchangeability that the crossbreed does not have AND its less expensive than the crossbreed.

12. clem_

clem_ New Member

I use a shoulder rig to carry my XD.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Just ordered my self the crossbreed supertuck deluxe IWB combat cut. Pricey but it has good reviews. Buy once cry once i guess.
    10% off for NRA members.

14. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

You sure you want the combat cut?

You can get the regular and then trim it if you think it's needed.

You can't go the other way..

Most people regret getting the combat cut then end up buying a normal cut or even worse ,some junk holster.

15. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Will vart with my style of dress and which gun I am carrying. More info needed to answer properly.

16. chazzy

chazzy New Member

Summer time I like my Max Tuck IWB by White Hat Holsters....it's very similar to the crossbreed. In the winter I'll wear my Blackhawk shoulder holster.

17. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I, too, would suggest thinking twice about the combat cut, for the reasons mudpupp enumerated above.

Less backing provided by the combat cut makes adapting to the holster much more difficult for some. Once you're used to it, you can make the alteration yourself, or send it back to CrossBreed and they'll do it for you.

With their delivery schedule at the present time, you have plenty of time to contact them and order the normal backing.

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I think i'm sure. But thank you for reminding though. Appreciate it

19. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

...it's not a holster.

Best concealment method is a belly band, slung low on the hip it positions your gun wherever you want it, is "as secure" as any IWB, alleviates the problem onf your holster and gun hitting the floor in a public RR stall, and costs only $15 to $20 dollars.

It took me my first 12 years of daily CCW and a sack full of holsters to figure this out. Thanks to me...you can now put all the money toward practice ammo!

Tack

20. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I have used a Milt Sparks VM-II for years with different weapons. Sig P-226, Colt 1991A1, Springfield XD-45

[​IMG]

Here is my Sig with my VM-II