Best high viz sights for 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Dahamp2003, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

I really like TFO's, just from what I've seen. I'll mostly be using my 1911 during the day, and I like steel (metal) sights and fiber optics. I've seen some fiber optics that aren't very bright at all (I guess because the tube is so short or covered it won't let much light in), but the longer ones are very bright. I've seen Sig tritium night sight, and honestly, wasn't very, VERY, unimpressed. At least the ones I saw were extremely inpractical for aquiring at night with sleep in your eyes. Took me a few seconds in a dark room to see them at all. The tritium isn't a huge deal, but that's why I liked the TFO's. Best of both worlds. Any thoughts? Recommendations?

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Inspired by Hossfly, I ordered a fiber optic front site from Fusion and had it installed on my RIA tactical.

Another option is a dab of jighead paint on the front sight. Jighead paint is fluorescent, made to hold up when bumping rocks under water, and it comes in a variety of colors. I used chartreuse on my Umarex Gold Cup. :cool:

3. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Do you happen to have a pic of the sight picture from yours? I'm curious how bright a fiber optic will be. If it will be what I'm wanting