Best Glock?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Tyj8387, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Tyj8387

Tyj8387 New Member

Overall what is the best model Glock produces?

2. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Which ever caliber and size pistol you like the best. If you like .40 in a midsize then the 23 works for you. If it's a full size go with the 22. If you like .357 sig in midsize go with a 32 or say a 10mm in full or subcompact go with a 20 or 29.

It all depends on what you want. What is best in someone else's opinion won't be the best in yours.

3. Tyj8387

Tyj8387 New Member

Im just wanting to know what others think.

4. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Tough to say... Its kind of like asking a father of 2 to pick which kid he likes best. One kid is smart, and makes him proud at school. The other is a great quarterback, he is great on the field.

They're all very similar. I like my subcompact Glock for ccw, but I like my fullsize for duty use. Both do there jobs perfectly.

5. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Couldn't agree more.

6. cmidfield14

cmidfield14 New Member

The black one

7. Tyj8387

Tyj8387 New Member

8. NDCent

NDCent New Member

I would say the most versatile would be the compact frames. However, if I could only have one, I would personally pick a sub compact.

9. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

I vote the flock 18. Gotta love that full auto;). Unfortunately I'm 14 so I can't even own a pistol, but I really enjoy shooting them.

10. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Flock?? Are you using a phone app? My phone always tries to autofill Flock.

11. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Yea, really it comes down to personal choice. I bet if you take a poll, the G19 may be the winner. Me, i would say the G23 followed by the G30.

12. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I chose the XDm route over Glock, but I have to say it's tough to beat the all around versatility of a Glock 19. Perfect for any one thing? Probably not. But the G19 can handle a variety or roles really well. G23 offers similar qualities.

The other Glock that interests me is the 20/29. It's a really good option for a light weight woods gun, and has a two-fisted grip on the entire polymer 10mm market.

13. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Well honestly its hard to beat the original. G17 all the way. Gets my vote hands down.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

While I can shoot the G19, the grip on it and most Glocks are a little too big for my hand. The one that works best for me is the G36 single stack 45ACP.

15. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddP7IHHnM4A]Glock Top Models - YouTube[/ame]

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Or is it like asking the mason "which brick" he prefers from his pile of bricks?;)

TACK

17. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I'm pretty partial to my g20, since 10mm is the king of auto handgun calibers.
    But I shoot my 34's more often.

18. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

There isn't a nickel's worth of difference in quality between any two models. I own a G35 which I bought just for the longer barrel. Buy whatever suits your particular needs.

19. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

A Glock is a glock, so they are all equally as great.

My preference is a Glock 23 .40 s&w. This is the middle ground for me. It's a .40 so the stopping power is there, and it's a compact so it's good for EDC and home defense, or really anything. The compacts fit my hand perfectly, opposed to the fullsize or the sub compact.

When choosing a glock, decide what caliber you want, then decide on sub compact, compact or full size. Whichever fits your application the most, and whichever is the most comfortable.

A compact .40 is the best of all worlds, IMO.

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hard to choose but I'll go with the G23 as well.