Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new home-based FFL holder and looking for the best distributors to contact to establish accounts? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! I have found some older articles on this topic and it appears some of them no longer work with home based.

Thank you!

·
Retired
13,842 Posts
Welcome to our forum!
As you peruse here, you may come across a section titled "Introductions". Stop in there and say "Hi" to our people.

I don't know if you are looking to sell from your home base or just doing transfers.
I would suggest that you get with the following (not in any specific order)
Brownells
Bud's Gun Shop
Palmetto State Armory
Gunbroker
Armslist
Sportsmans Guide

This is not a complete list. There are others that most of us have sent a copy of our FFL to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and nice to make your acquaintance! I am on the books with Palmetto, but I believe dealer pricing only applies to their own product line, and currently there is no dealer login so you have to contact them for each inquiry which is cumbersome.

I will begin working through the list above as well. Thank you again for your help!

·
Administrator
1,169 Posts

·
Supporting Member
14,207 Posts
Shadow,
To become a dealer and get the good prices most good companies demand a certain product volume investment level of purchase.
In order to be a dealer and purchase things from them at a price you can make a profit from. If they are giving you prices without a minimum inventory purchase usually, they will be selling the products to everyone on sale at the same price you are buying it for.
The other thing is with a home business is the hours of business which they have been know just to show up to confirm. Also check the Fed Books and the Security of the weapons for sale.
It certainly can be done! I did it for years! But never got rich but it was a great hobby. And also, on occasion made me my best customer! :p Good Luck on your new venture! ;)

Reactions: alsaqr and Bigcat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts