Best Death Scene ?? ( Possible Movie Spoilers!! )

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, after going to see Inglorious Basterds this weekend ( and No, I didn't not spell it wrong ) - I got to thinking, what were some of the truly hateful characters that died in the world of cinema where the director just REALLY got it right??

I am talking where the movie spends two hours just building this monster up to be a complete waste of human flesh and the world DESPERATELY needs to be rid of him/her, but s/he REALLY needs to get it GOOD.

Here is my short list:

Honorable mention - A History of Violence. Viggo shoots this guy in the coffee shop, but the guy still has enough life left in him to put his knife through the top of Viggo's foot. Viggo, in classic fashion, lowers the 1911 to the top of the guys skull and blows half of his face off. Epic.

Honorable Mention - 10 to Midnight with Charles Bronson. This serial killer spends the whole movie knifing females to death and getting away with it. Finally, at the end, Bronson tracks him down and there is just proof everywhere that the guy is guilty, but he is standing in the middle of the street with like 20 cops as witnesses. He has been taunting Bronson the whole movie and now he figures he can rub it in some more.

"You'll hear from me! You and the whole EFFING world!"
    Bronson: "No we won't" and blows him away. Classic street justice.
    #3 - Bruce Willis in Hostage. At the end, when he finally gets his hands on the guy responsible for everything, he just unloads an entire magazine into the guys chest while screaming and this music is playing. Truly an awesome finishing move.

#2 - Last of the Mohicans - When Uncas just beats Magwa to death with his club on that rock face before finally shoving that spike all the way thru his back?!? Now that was a BAD ASS Beatdown!!

#1 - Brandon Lee in The Crow: "I've got something for you. I don't want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain! All at once! All for you!"

So, what your favorite bad guy gets it BUT GOOD death scenes??

JD

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

"But I'm a United States Senator!" "Exactly, #*BANG*#" from Shooter

3. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

When the young cowhands get back their herd and get the villians,, Bruce Dern if I remember correctly,, for killing John Wayne in " The Cowboys ".

Conan decapitating Thusladoom,," Conan the Barbarian "

When Quigley takes out Marston and his gunhands with an 1860 Colt Army as he state " never had much use for one,, never said I didn't know how to use one " " Quigley Down Under "

Loads more,
    Jeff

4. yazul42

Most classic :

Alan Ladd versus Jack Palance,,, " Shane "

5. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Halloween 2007-Every death scene is the best!
    Might be going to see the new one this weekend.

S.S.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Master Gunnery Sargent Beckett "Sniper"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNQhdY6Fbc]YouTube - ☆ Sniper Trailer (Tom Berenger 1993) by HS Demoniacal ☆[/ame]

7. yazul42

Ed Harris as " Lassiter " taking his revenge on the deacon's henchmen in
    " New Riders of the Purple Sage "
    Yes,, I do like westerns,,,,,
    Jeff

8. suprdave

suprdave New Member

The last part of "Saving Privat Ryan" when Upham blasts the German in the chest. My favorite.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You're fired.

You have to actually be OLD ENOUGH to get into the movies you are talking about.... ;)

Get back in the playpen with the rest of the youngins. :cool:

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a good one. I would support that vote, but doesn't make the top three....

11. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

I'm always fired. Just one more firing to add to the resume. :p
    Appreciated and noted. ;)

S.S.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

OK....Liberty Valance in the showdown with Jimmy Stewart, when he gets drilled by a 30/30 round from John Wayne?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVXuo2WiU_I]YouTube - The Man who Shot Liberty Valance[/ame]

14. yazul42

Clint Eastwood,, several flicks:

" Dirty Harry " the original last scene with the psycho,,,
    The preacher's showdown with Marshal Stockburn,,,, " Pale Rider "
    Gary Cooper in " High Noon " against the desperados he sent to prison.

One Dillinger may remember,,, Charlie Sheen poppin' Tom Berenger in
    " Platoon "

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Dune - ^^ Okay, I admit, while that movie was a little old school corny, it definitely makes the list. :D

SIDENOTE: Wasn't there a John Wayne movie where someone was part of the stage coach or something, kind of a traitor. He ends up getting put on a wagonwheel by the Indians, over a burning fire, and left rotating thru the night while the folks from the stage coach have to listen to him scream and wonder if they should do something to help him? Then in the daylight, he ends up getting the mercy round??

Back on track:

Bad Guy that FINALLY got what they deserved....

JD

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  16. yazul42

Didn't have 30-30's then,,,most likely a 44-40,, although it is the movies,,, so many historical firearms mistakes in early Hollywood. Lee Marvin was great tho'

Jeff

17. yazul42

Wes Studi as the Pawnee warrior getting taken out by the Souix women and old men in " Dances with Wolves "

18. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Anything in Resident Evil Extinction!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh7qwF23ijI]YouTube - resident evil 3 extinction movie trailer[/ame]

19. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Stephan Macht (Mad Wolf) shot (a daylight see through bullet hole) while fighting Charlton Heston (Tyler) in The Mountain Men.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1jF0PMgNts]YouTube - Trailer The Mountain Men -1980-[/ame]

20. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Bad Bob (Stacey Keech) getting it in The life and Times of Judge Roy Bean.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjIc3qLPds]YouTube - Bad Bob (Judge Roy Bean)[/ame]